Passing the hall test on a SIA7230 and QS205

Hi all,

admitted ebike technical noobie even though I've been riding for a few years. So recently I purchased a brand new QS205 50H, have a 72V battery and a 100A SIA7230 which is almost exactly the same as a Sabvoton. This was straight from SIAECOSYS.

Everything is plugged in that's relevant: the throttle, the ignition (wired to battery +), the battery + and -, phase wires and hall sensors. Throttle works though I haven't been using it, nor riding it for over a week. I'm trying to pass the hall test before I ride it (I heard if you don't you WILL fry your controller/motor), and I haven't had ANY success!

Granted, there's been progress. I'm contact with the manufacturer, but it's still difficult. Originally, the motor made a LOUD noise when playing the hall test, and would not move except vibrating. When I changed the motor parameter to 300 in the Blutooth, and the hall angle in the USB programming to 245 (they insisted the angle was 245), that large noise went away. However, the hall test from those parameters, at 10A, 15A, 20A, 30A etc. the motor just kind of vibrates/shakes lightly, produces a light noise and doesn't do anything.

Any idea how to get this damn thing to pass? Is it even safe to ride until I've passed the hall test? The one time I came CLOSE the motor was turning these parameters they gave me, but it failed (error4) and haven't been able to reproduce it. Any help is appreciated.

ok... I think I MIGHT have gotten it. So on the USB programming, if you set all the parameters in succession, and press OK in succession (multiple times) the test will activate. I just passed it a number of times with a hall angle of 243, which is right about the 245 number the manufacturer gave me. HOWEVER, on blutooth mode the thing does not MOVE AT ALL for the hall test mode. Which is absolutely strange. In addition, the controller keeps saying I'm in "flux weaken enable" mode even though that option is clearly disabled. Not sure what is going on with this motor/controller, software combination. It's been an absolute headache for over a week now.

Back