Phaserunner V6 + CA V3 - reverse function

Hi All.

I’m using a Phaserunner on my wheelchair power drive and will be updating to the new V6 + CA WP to get a tidier, wiring setup.

I need to be able to use the reverse function and I’m not clear how this should be connected - has anyone else used this?

The PR manual indicates that the PAS 2 wire in the 6 pin HiGo plug (presumably via a switch with the ground wire) enables this, but it also makes reference to Digital Input 1 (Cruise) which I thought was a connection to the CA.

I’m just trying to clarify if I can configure the reverse function via the Digital Input 1 on the CA or via the PAS 2 wire in the 6 pin plug on the PR (or is it that either of these will work?).

Sorry for the stupid questions.

I'm still reading up on the PRv6 (mine will be here the end of this week), so when I have enough info to give an answer, I'll post it here. :)

Ok, so to use the reverse, there is a FWD / REV wire in the PR6's 9-pin Mains connector.
1696311227189.png

To go forward you leave it open-circuit, and to go reverse you connect it to ground. So a simple on/off switch or button, normally-open or NO, can be used.

In the PR configuration program, on the main page, there is a speed limit you set for how fast it can go when in reverse (or walk) modes. The throttle/etc still modulates torque just like in forward, but the speed can't go any higher than whatever you set there.

There may be other wiring configurations you can use, by changing stuff in the developer tab of the setup program, but I have not explored any of those many settings yet; I prefer the "easy" way whenever possible. :)

BTW, the PAS plug
1696311374528.png
doesn't have any dedicated wire for FWD/REV, so if it *can* be used you'd have to reassign the input in the developer tab, and I don't know which one that would be.

Thanks Amberwolf for posting. I came here looking for the answer to this question because In couldn't tell from the PR6 manual if the reverse sense pin would want to be shorted to ground (pulled low) or be fed 12V or Batt+ to signal reversing motor direction. This is perhaps the one time a Grin manual has missed a detail or maybe I just couldn't find it but I didn't want to try to figure this out by trial and error.

...taking courage from your suggestion that it wanted to be pulled low, I just tried it, between the previous paragraph and this one, and yes indeed shorting the reverse pin to ground in the 9-pin mains DOES instruct the PR6 to reverse motor rotation.

Original poster is also correct that the PAS2 pin can similarly be used to induce reverse if you don't need it for PAS operation. There are some config details in the PR6 parameters to double check if using PAS2 for reverse (Addr 212 and perhaps another spot) but these are adequately documented in the PR6 manuals, which tend to be clearer than anything I would write here so I won't bother.

As I understand it you can use whichever connector you like for your reverse signal, depending on what's more convenient for your wiring scheme.

thanks to both of you for posting and here's confirmation that it works as described.

Back