Phasor Cycles/ Recumpence drive collaboration

Rubs hands in excitement 8) ,thought about this build today, while working on a 48v system,i need some excitement 8) .

This still in the works ?

Checking out that "And then there were three" thread had me thinking that motor would look nice on a custom frame.

Hope you don't mind me bumping the thread. I was looking forward to this collaboration.

The project ran into a snag due to many other projects getting in the way, along with my aquisition of a partner in my business right in the middle of my deal with David from phasor (is this frame mine, or does it belong to the company?). Those kinds of questions put the project on hold, along with other things. However, David and I agreed it is time for us to move forward on these projects.

Matt

Wow, ok, ok, ok........

Believe it or not, this project is FINALLY truly moving forward! Yay! :mrgreen:

Here is a very brief run-down on why this project has taken so freakin LONNNNG to get moving;

I made this trade deal with David from Phasor a couple years ago. Then, after we made our deal, I aquired a partner in the business. My partner was [is] a great guy. However, it was getting very sticky to work out who owned what in the business. Basically, I ordered the frame from David. Then I acquired my business partner. Then, after making the agreement with my partner, the frame arrived. Also, the business (after the partnership was formed) paid for the motor for the drive I traded to David. It was so complicated that the frame just sat there. Every time I tried building anything my partner would object and make a big deal about owership of that item. It got to the point that I was stifled to such a degree that I couldn't build anything and I almost completely lost any interest in this. However, and here is the great news, we are no longer partners! We parted on very good terms and we are close friends at this point. However, I no longer have anyone looking over my shoulder and I own all of the inventory now. So, long dorment projects are moving forward once again! :mrgreen:

Sorry for the long-winded explanation. But, I think it is important to explain how and why I have not been on the forum much lately.

At any rate, as far as I know, David never built a frame for himself. So, I own the only example of this frame. I will post pictures of it this weekend. But, it is basically a Lime Green powder-coated frame with a few changes to accomodate my drive. I need to work out some simple chain management rollers and chain tensioner. Then I can mount a drive and show the frame. Odds are this frame will be offered for sale. Again, it is the only example of this frame ever built. So, it is a rare item, indeed!

The reason I am considering selling it is to generate revenue. I have several thousand dollars tied up in my Mountaincycle San-E-dreas mountain bike I am building right now. So, I cannot afford to build this bike immediately. I also have a Qlbix frame that I plan on mounting a twin 3220 drive onto (as a more compact version of my Motoped) and selling this frame with a drive unit to help fund that project.

Stay tuned for some pictures.

Matt

Looking forward to see pics, glad things are moving forward and that you solved your business problems in a way that kept the friendship. That is not always the case when money and work get into the friends mix. Many partnership splits with distrust and feeling of betrayal on one or both sides.

Back