Pin function connector 9pin Bafang CST

outside

10 mW
Hi, I received a new Bafang CST motor, I need Pin function for this motor connector, if any one have it, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• connettore.jpg
    connettore.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3,023
It's easy to check with a meter on the other part of the cable, which runs from the motor to thecontroller. Do you have it?

yes, I Have the original controller Bafang, but if you open it, you will found all cover with resin. You can't view nothing!.
I need Pin function because I change controller and I must build new cable to connect motor.

I don't understand your project. If you have the other half of the plug and intend to use it, then it is colour coded. If instead you intend to open the motor and fit new wires, it's going in the bin anyway.

Why do you need to know? I have one sat on my knee right now, but metering it out seems pointless.

hmm... whatever

1 7 5 y b g
4 3 6 y b g
2 9 r bk
8 w

Anyone know what these might carry? (amps)

Answer it's simple, I want use my old controller cabled on my old bike.

In the same time I don't want ruin new controller and cable!
I need pin function, for build a new cable.
As you know, if I exchange pin 2 with 9, I risk hall sensor to burn out!
Pin 8 I think is for speed,displayed on original LCD

for this connector max. 16 Amps!

many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7421.jpeg
    IMG_7421.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,997
This is the original Controller Bafang sell with CST motor.
Max Amps are 12 Amps. These Pins are not made for strong current, are only 1.5mm diameter.
the major problem is for female connector, where contacts are very small!

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 2,991
Those connectors can handle 30 amps on the three larger pins. That's what I run all my Bafang motors with. The other pins don't carry any current, so their rating isn't important.

You can buy the cable:

http://www.bmsbattery.com/accessory/439-9pin-waterproof-cable-female-connector-for-motor.html

outside said:
Answer it's simple, I want use my old controller cabled on my old bike.

In the same time I don't want ruin new controller and cable!
I need pin function, for build a new cable.
As you know, if I exchange pin 2 with 9, I risk hall sensor to burn out!
Pin 8 I think is for speed,displayed on original LCD

for this connector max. 16 Amps!

many thanks!

1 7 5 y b g
4 3 6 y b g
2 9 r bk
8 w

Top 3 are the big ones and I think the white is as yet unused. I expect temperature though, as that is appearing on the latest breed of lcd displays. I'm quite sure it's not speed.

16 amps is about what I expected. It's good to hear d8veh has proven 30amps is possible. I'm going about in the middle with an s12s hopefully, and was starting to think I'm wasting my time trying. I found a 10a iec getting warm earlier. It was carrying... 1 amp.

Pin with 1.5mm diameter are 1.75 mm2 . The best rule is 10Amps max, but is for one cable.
Now, male pin have 1.5mm and solid surface, but a female connector don't have this condition, They have a thin elastic layer that generate a contact and grip on male connector.

Ok, if you generate 30Amps on connector you must divide on three PIN and result 10Amps for each PIN.

But for my opinion 10Amps for each PIN is an high value for this particular connector.

You must consider that lenght PIN it's only 6mm, for example 2mm bullet connector are 10mm lenght and have 3.14 mm2 surface.
For experience, two my friends have used original connector but with only 20Amps they have fused connector and they back to home walking!

Thank for link

outside said:
For experience, two my friends have used original connector but with only 20Amps they have fused connector and they back to home walking!

Thank for link

Are you sure about that? I run my 500w Bafang CST at 30 amps, and so does my neighbour. I've blown the traces in the controller and melted the bullet connectors at the controller, but I've never had a problem with that connector. I ran my Xofo at 64v and 30 amps. It also has that connector.

oh yes, what i wrote is from my friend that sell Bafang motor and have large experience with this connector. The second friend have a large experience in modellism, electric project and bricolage. Have you opened your female connector and checked if it is all ok?

I think that depending how you use your motor, i.e. 30Amps for short time or for long time can have much difference.

For example if tollerance between male and female connector is large in some occasion with large current it can have high temperature on Pin connector and dissolve plastic case.

If you have nothing problem good for you!

I just rewired my 9C with that BMSBattery cable you guys mentioned and it works fine. The controller (S12S) has a 22 amp supposed limit but it goes to 30 amps regularly measured on my Turnegy wattmeter. Neat and clean installation.
otherDoc

hey guys, the max current is not my problem. On my bikes have 30Amps controller, but usually are limited to 6Amps.
In fact 6Amps X 50V are 300W enough for my report like these:

http://www.bellitaliainbici.it/prato_piazza.htm
http://www.bellitaliainbici.it/val_fiscalina.htm

if some time I have to push strong I'm happy to consider that I have under my back, 1.5kw that they can push me! :D :D

Back