Pinion - Seen this today at my grocery store

raylo32

100 kW
I have seen this motor/gearbox discussed here but never thought I'd see one locally anytime soon. Looks really nice in person. Love the belt drive. It would be really cool if they would license the mounting to frame builders so we could build our own. I know, never happen...

IMG_4758 3.jpg

IMG_4757 3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4757 3.jpg
    IMG_4757 3.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
I like the idea of Pinion crank gearing. I don't like it enough to sign up for a frame that's 100% useless without a Pinion gearbox. So no thanks.

Same goes for Bosch, Shimano Steps, Bafang M500/600, Nicolai G-Boxx, and any other system using a frame that can't be used at all without that one specific system's components. Once they have you hostage, you're kinda screwed whether or not they stay in business.

This not a Motor gearbox, it is just the Old Pinion Gearbox.

No motor there :)
It will probably take a year in the US to see the new Pinion MGU Motor gearbox announced at Eurobike

The E1 is a MGU (motor gearbox unit), in both 9 and 12 speed setups. BTW, they have no US model at the moment. Brilliant setup IMO. I am sure it is not cheap. Several have reviewed on youtube.

Sorry, I though you meant the C1.12 in the OP
I am afraid it will take while for bikes with the MGU to reach the states...
No problem, lots to keep track of. The MGU will not come to the USA at the moment. Not even for beta platform developers. As good as it looks to be, I am relatively sure it will be knocked off in mass very shortly. Pretty much a dirt bike setup with electronic shifting drum. It could also be setup to regen. Would love to see this concept in an observed trials setup with manual / auto clutch selection in a sub 100 pound plunker.

Back