Powering up your Ebike---FOR FREE!!!

hydro-one

10 kW
My bike is free to charge. Heres why:

Once you ride an ebike , you start to realize your energy consumption. It becomes meaningful. The numbers start to make sense.

You realize by switching off that lightbulb, I could travel x number of km on my bike!!

You switch it off, instead of not caring.

Your bike is running on "conserved energy"

Have I discovered a new law of thermophychodynamics? YES!!!

How many of you are powering up your bike on "Free juice?"

mike

Well I take mine to the store instead of firing up my car for a 8 block trip. Does that count? :D

I charge at work for free. The boss doesn't mind the nickel a day.

Since I put real insulation in my attic my heating bill dropped by about $100 a month, and the cooling bill by about $50. So right now I'm sitting under an air conditioner,,,, for free!

Every time I ride the bike to work for $3.00 instead of taking a car for $15.00 I put $12.00 cash in my pocket. Kinda low wages for two hours work, but I'll take it, vs paying $15.00 :mrgreen:

Its a cascade effect once you stop buying from oil campanies, your whole life becomes "freEer" (new word!) oh and you will live alot longer too!!!

You can lower your overhead to work, its all profit. Less sick days, less heart attacks/medical. Must be worth billions for the US nation/productivity. Oh I forgot, they make money off the sickness!!

thanks

John in CR said:
I got married so I get all the sex I want for free. Does that count? 8)
From what I hear that only works if you don't want any :wink:

evblazer said:
John in CR said:

You're listening to guys with spoiled brat american girls for wives. That's just part of the secret. The other is waiting until you're grown up to find the right one (guys take much longer to grow up enough and never do totally), with an age difference of right around 17 years. Of course you have to take care of business like she's never had before. Then if you've done a good job shopping you'll get one that never complains or nags, is frugal about money, is appreciative, and happily puts out whenever and wherever you want. I have the perfect wive for me, and wouldn't trade her for the world. :mrgreen:

John

Picking the right gal , priceless. Or in my case, she's paid for the house. :wink: Most peoples big mistake when young, picking only for looks.

John in CR said:
evblazer said:
John in CR said:

You're listening to guys with spoiled brat american girls for wives. That's just part of the secret. The other is waiting until you're grown up to find the right one (guys take much longer to grow up enough and never do totally), with an age difference of right around 17 years. Of course you have to take care of business like she's never had before. Then if you've done a good job shopping you'll get one that never complains or nags, is frugal about money, is appreciative, and happily puts out whenever and wherever you want. I have the perfect wive for me, and wouldn't trade her for the world. :mrgreen:

John

Yep gotta marry a horny one :mrgreen: i was 30 when we met. 18 yrs. and she still hasn't turned me down :mrgreen: I am a lucky man, Oh and she just left for work :wink:

Uh, How THIS powers my bike I'm really not sure..

torker said:
Uh, How THIS powers my bike I'm really not sure..
Well in the spirit of the first post.
- Gives you a reason to keep the lights down low or off, if that is how it goes
- Reason not to watch tv, play the xbox or run the computer
- No need to search the computers for xxxx
- <insert averted power wasting activity here>

Course it may also mean you need to keep the AC on or use more hot water and less cold so ya'll might just be wasting power that could be powering your ebike for free!

I agree with the OP it does make you more aware. Heck I didn't even know, REALLY, what a kWh was before the ebikes.

As for the ladies, don't forget about cooking skill..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9ZZgDqzAg

I charge my e-bikes on solar! :D

No solar charging but I do get way too much hot water for "free" from this odd thing
1757989500_5c5ca219f0_m.jpg

That might save up just enough for a round trip to work on my ebike, whenever I get one working.

You think just like me.

Since I air dry my laundry in my room (it's already hanging up for me in my closest after it's dry), I save 1500watt hours a week by doing so. My ebike takes maybe half that power each week, if that.

Lesson is: ebikes use such a TINY amount of energy.

Luckily my roommate likes to also ration the AC use - so it's normally around 78-80 during the hot season here in TX. An we use fans if it feels too hot. That saves a TON of electricity, keeping it about 5 degrees warmer than most people do. The key is using fans (I have a 40 watt oscillating fan I always use on low - 15watts I'd guess) if you are warm.

The other day I calculated that a very reasonable amount of electricity to ride across the country would be $5, at 10 cents a kwh. $5......wow

If you had an e-powered streamliner, you'd use about $2 at 20mph average. Or (if legal) $5 at normal highway speeds.

I love efficiency! :lol:

veloman said:
The other day I calculated that a very reasonable amount of electricity to ride across the country would be $5, at 10 cents a kwh. $5......wow
That sounds about like Justin's cross-Canada trip usage. :)

Actually

All of us are getting paid big bucks to ride our bikes. The added exercise does wonders in that it promotes good health, a good mood and all kinds of other hidden benefits.

A body that is kept well oiled "will" save you from large doctor and stress related bills.

Better to be out and about on your bike then being in a wheel chair like I see way to many people because they let their bodies go to hell.

Deron.

Back