PowerVelocity controller programming with XPD

E-HP

10 GW
Hello,

I'm still trying to find a workaround for programming my 18FET PowerVelocity controller. It's bluetooth programmable, but it appears to be an older (internal) bluetooth module that doesn't work with the current version of the bluetooth app. The problem is, there doesn't appear to be an older version of the app available.

I've also looked for information related to programming the Xiechang 18fet 4110 Controller, which may be the starting point for the PV controller, and saw a video by West Coast Electric Cycles programming the Xiechang controller via a USB connection and XPD software. I haven't opened up the controller yet, be expect to see the bluetooth module, plugged into a programming interface that would work with the USB connection, and hopefully the XPD software (the settings in the XPD software look very similar to, or maybe identical to, the parameters used in the current bluetooth app).

Anyway, before trying this last ditch attempt, I'm wondering if anyone else has successfully programmed their PV or Xiecheng controller with XPD, or tried unsuccessfully.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Does that include my 15 fat with the inside Bluetooth module ? He just sent me an 18 fat with the Bluetooth module on the outside. He has the CA plugged into the module and said I could piggyback a 6 p just to run C. A.

999zip999 said:
Does that include my 15 fat with the inside Bluetooth module ? He just sent me an 18 fat with the Bluetooth module on the outside. He has the CA plugged into the module and said I could piggyback a 6 p just to run C. A.

I noticed that one of the PV threads mentions that all of the newer models would locate the module externally, but that thread was from two or three years ago. I'll likely give the XPD programming a try, since I bought one of those USB interfaces when I was thinking about loading open source firmware to my KT display/controller.

My first PV 18 fet wasn't Bluetooth but I couldn't program it with Windows 8 I was told to use the em3ev programming cable but I had to switch two wires. So it's in the drawer in the garage I never successfully used it.
If that clue helps.
I still have an em3ev controller but I've never programmed it it just open. And a lyen will the program cable work on that to ? If you need it I can mail it to you you just mail it back. Oh are you in the states ?

999zip999 said:
My first PV 18 fet wasn't Bluetooth but I couldn't program it with Windows 8 I was told to use the em3ev programming cable but I had to switch two wires. So it's in the drawer in the garage I never successfully used it.
If that clue helps.
I still have an em3ev controller but I've never programmed it it just open. And a lyen will the program cable work on that to ? If you need it I can mail it to you you just mail it back. Oh are you in the states ?

Thanks for the offer; I'll keep that in mind. I think I'll unhook it and take a peek inside first and see how things look, with respect to the interface. I'm guessing it's a plug in module, and not soldered in place.

I got a new asi 855 Bluetooth I need a special download an app through bacdoor as is the app. I turned on my ASI on BT and P.V. 15fet was on and it showed up on the bacdoor ASI app . I didn't try and open up as protocol must be quite different. And last time when I got a new phone and try to download the pv app for my 18 fet it shut down and will not work that's when I sent it back and to much time so I bought the 15 fet P.V. .

999zip999 said:
I got a new asi 855 Bluetooth I need a special download an app through bacdoor as is the app. I turned on my ASI on BT and P.V. 15fet was on and it showed up on the bacdoor ASI app . I didn't try and open up as protocol must be quite different. And last time when I got a new phone and try to download the pv app for my 18 fet it shut down and will not work that's when I sent it back and how much time I bought the 15 fet.
I tried a few other apps as well, and a couple displayed the PV controller and connected to it, but the apps didn't so anything more than connect. I'm guessing those apps were also based on the BlueTooth LE protocol, so enough to connect, but not communicate.

E-HP said:
I tried a few other apps as well, and a couple displayed the PV controller and connected to it, but the apps didn't so anything more than connect. I'm guessing those apps were also based on the BlueTooth LE protocol, so enough to connect, but not communicate.

I believe the problem lies with the BT library that PV uses in his code -- I had similar issues a year ago when attempting to use his otherwise excellent iPhone app not being able to sync to popular 3rd party Bluetooth BMS's. I eventually gave up. YMMV.

MJSfoto1956 said:
E-HP said:

I believe the problem lies with the BT library that PV uses in his code -- I had similar issues a year ago when attempting to use his otherwise excellent iPhone app not being able to sync to popular 3rd party Bluetooth BMS's. I eventually gave up. YMMV.

It's too bad that there isn't an archive of the older versions for older controllers/existing customers. I'm going to try to see of the XPD programming works.

Back