• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

prince charles on ebike

sk8norcal

1 MW
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3720511/Charles-is-the-Prince-of-Wheels.html

6a00d834533a7a69e20154340a4e32970c-580wi

ev grin edit:

charles ev grin - spencer ivy.JPG

Thanks norcal 'always enjoy the things you find and share.

It sounds like the guy who had the ebike at the event didn't expect Prince Charles to take off on it! Out of all the vehicles eBike was the one he wanted to try. Good stuff...

yep he likes it,probably wonders why everyone doesnt have one :) .

c'mon, what's wrong with you people, you're supposed to photoshop it so he's doin' a wheelie! :lol:

The £1,895 Spencer Ivy bike is one of the vehicles on display at the Prince's Start festival

Believe me, when he first started "giving it a go" he was very concerned that he might slip (as anyone might) and the picture of him falling would be all over the newspaper covers. It sounded as though the bike promoter (one promoter of many at the Prince's green-living festival) had no idea the prince would want to try it "on camera".

I have to hand it to the Charles for hosting a green festival, and also for risking embarrassment by riding the E-bike on camera when he was clearly not familar with them. He's over 60 and he doesn't seem to be a bike rider (we would've seen pics of him already on pedal-bikes)...more of a "riding in the back of a limo" kind of guy.

It would have been easy for him to just say "how nice", and simply keep walking by...

Its a sad commentary on society that something doesn't seem to exist unless a celebrity is shown using it, but this kind of publicity is a good thing for us.

im willing to bet hes got lotsa miles on a raleigh :) .

EVen an EV Grimace... Good thing this was SpencerIvy product and not LFP...

Yah, so a "prince" at self-promo, but at advanced age, now needs a recumbent trike w/assist... Our Euro friends could hook him up w/250W but to stomp foxes on a hunt, and make the missus quake w/the watts he is shaking between his legs, he really needs One Horse (750W) as some ex-colonies already know...

Princes Charles is very supportive of all things green and Eco. He also has a fair amount of influence in that field in the Uk. I've been seriously considering sending a letter to Clarence house with a one in a million chance he will ever reading it, saying how I think the EU legislation is holding back widespead Ebike adoption and to use the US's more relaxed limitations as an example of how having a bit more power and speed doesn't result in heaps of dead ebikers. It's a really long shot but I think it's something he might be in support of. Getting any kind of positive response from him could be a great tool to take to the powers at be. Dumb idea?

Have you guys ever seen his wife? If you've ever seen her face, you will know that ebiking is a breeze for him, as he's used to riding a horse.....

nonlineartom said:
Princes Charles is very supportive of all things green and Eco. He also has a fair amount of influence in that field in the Uk.

I heard he made and narrated a documentary that premiered at Sundance Film Festival February 2012. I would like to see it.
[youtube]3p31WoPShpI[/youtube]

nonlineartom said:
It's a really long shot but I think it's something he might be in support of. Getting any kind of positive response from him could be a great tool to take to the powers at be. Dumb idea?

It's not a dumb idea at all. Though it's not likely to produce any results. My guess is that he actually will read it, at least if it's on paper. Old-fashioned mail. He might well agree with you. But that won't be enough.

Work on your local legislators. Maybe even your EU PMs in Brussels (?) Maybe a Europe wide standard could be in the cards.

Unless, of course,...you are trying to sell E-bikes to geezers? I'm sure the Princes William and Harry can get a new generation interested in E-bikes, but there are plenty of older folk (I'm 53) who could use an E-bike to help get them past the hills, so we can continue to get some exercise and fresh air once in a while?...

The fingers said:
Geezers don't sell, Prince Harry's got the press right now. :p

Wierd... nobuddy said anything when he showed up for the Naked Ebike Ride last year...
Naked_ebike_ride.jpg

spinningmagnets said:
Unless, of course,...you are trying to sell E-bikes to geezers? I'm sure the Princes William and Harry can get a new generation interested in E-bikes, but there are plenty of older folk (I'm 53) who could use an E-bike to help get them past the hills, so we can continue to get some exercise and fresh air once in a while?...
At 61 I still don't geeze, on an ebike its a breeze and I love, love them beautiful trees! :mrgreen:

Back