Problem with new controller and accelerator

alexscard

10 W
I bought a new controller from china. not even so cheap. now the problem is, that as soon as i plug in my accelerator, the bike starts to accelerate, even if i'm not touching the accelerator. I checked the volts in the controller connector, and seems right, between red and black there are +5v, then there is the 3d wire that supposed to be the signal wire.
When i plug just the red and black of the accelerator in the connector, nothing happens. then i plug also the green, and it starts to accelerate, seems at very high power. Any help is appreciated
(p.s. seems that starts to accelerate also if i plug just one of the two pole and the green wire)

i'm going crazy after this.. the throttles are universal or it may be not compatible? any suggestion about how to solve this?

alexscard said:
i'm going crazy after this.. the throttles are universal or it may be not compatible? any suggestion about how to solve this?

Yes, the search function works well for this. My guess is bad continuity on the ground wire.

Two possibilities.
1) Throttle is broken, and magnet is engaged. and putting out 4V on the signal.
2) Ground wire in throtlle is broken.

If you have a voltmeter, engage the brake cutoff so the motor cannot run, and measure the voltage on the signal wire when you attach throttle. Should be about 1,3 volt if normal. If you see 4 volts, then one of the above two nay be true,

Could also be it is not a throttle connector, but is for PAS or torque sensor, and requires a *high* signal during throttle off, but with the low signal the throttle provides when "off", the motor engages to full instead.

But #2 above is the most common problem.

the connector supposed to be the right one, so the problem must be in the controller, because the throttle used to work with the older controller. tried to search on old topics but i found no solution
between red and black on the controller connector for the throttle there are 5v, 4.16 when i plug the controller. now i try to measure between red and signal wire

alexscard said:
the connector supposed to be the right one, so the problem must be in the controller,

Basing a conclusion on an assumption, means the conclusion is only as good as that assumption. "Supposed to be" for Chinese components doesn't always align with reality, and you can damage components making that assumption. Pump the brakes before you fry something.

i'm pretty sure. speed control is written over it, and it is the only connector that takes 3 wires, 3 as the throttle has.
Btw, i don't know why and how, but is not doing that auto-acceleration anymore, the last time i plugged the wires in, the throttle just started to work as it has to. :shock:
i hope that the thing is not just temporary..

alexscard said:
the connector supposed to be the right one, so the problem must be in the controller, because the throttle used to work with the older controller. tried to search on old topics but i found no solution
between red and black on the controller connector for the throttle there are 5v, 4.16 when i plug the controller. now i try to measure between red and signal wire

Knowing that you are replacing an identical (is it?) controller because of a problem would have been very helpful.

Knowing exactly what your specific problem / failure was with the previous controller that caused you to replace it would also be helpful.

Note that if it is not the exact identical controller, all of the wiring and connectors could have completely different wiring and functions even if they look exactly the same.

They could be different even if it is the "same" controller but a different batch or version or seller.

Complete details of the entire situation would help us help you fix your problem.

alexscard said:
Btw, i don't know why and how, but is not doing that auto-acceleration anymore, the last time i plugged the wires in, the throttle just started to work as it has to. :shock:
i hope that the thing is not just temporary..
That probably means there is a broken wire (anywhere between the throttle internals and the controller internals) or poor contact at the connector between the two. This typically doesn't just "heal itself", so it is possible that if you don't find and fix the problem you will end up with sudden uncontrolled full power at some point while riding.

I hope that doesn't happen to you, but it could.

the controller is not the same, i changed it because i needed more power.
this is the controller that had the problem: https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005003172891554.html

as i said, now works, and before making it work, i tried multiple times to connect everything in order to avoid connection problems, at the n° try, all started to work, i don't know exactly what changed.. i just hope it keeps on work, but in case, maybe is better that i already buy an other controller... the thing that i could find in a situation where the bike starts to accelerate at maximum speed on its own is pretty disturbing actually.. maybe is better that i connect also one of the brake lever with the on/off sensor then.
i guess it's pretty hard to understand what the problem was, if you have advices about how to find it out i'm listening

If you're going to ride around with a flaky ground wire, then you should make sure your controller on/off switch is easy to access or have brake cutoff switches installed.

Back