Prodecotech 51.2V, 12 Ah LiFeP04 battery - Don't need one now

tblakeng said:
Does it need to be that brand? Why not just any 48v lion plug it right in
And although LFP at 3.2V nominal, is in the LI family of chemistries, li-ion usually means those specifically rated 3.6-3.7V

Opened one of mine up. Of the total AH used on a ride, it was taking only 40% of the total recharge being put back into both batteries. I expect a little difference but not that much. Found 2 cells that after a full 3.6VPC charge and a 24 hour rest, are .22 Volts lower that the other 14. The other 14 were very well balanced. I made up a single cell jst charging adapter and proceeded to charge all cells one at a time. The two low cells took about put about 750 mAh while the rest took from 5 to 25 mAh. After an hour, they were back down .2x V under the rest. I tried a third time with the same results after putting in about 125 mAh. I'm still going to use the pack because between the two in Parallel, I have more capacity than I need for my typical 30 to 40 miles rides. What I don't know is how those two bad cells are performing under load but I never let loaded Voltage drop below 50 so I doubt they are being brought down below a safe minimum Voltage.

I did some preliminary looking for pouch cells with the case dimensions I have and did not find any. They are 12 AH cells about 6" long, 2.75" tall and .6" thick. If anyone has a source, I'd appreciate a link or pointer.

Back