PSI BMS ON A PING V2.5

barneys34

10 mW
CAN I USE THE BMS THAT CAME ON MY PSI 24 VOLT LIFEPO 4 BATTERY ON A PING 24 VOLT 20 AMP BATTERY THEY ARE BOTH 24 VOLT BATTERYS THE PING IS 20 AMP AND THE PSI IS A 10 AMP ITS JUST I HAVE A SPARE PSI BMS AND WOULD LIKE TO USE IT ON MY V2.5 PING PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE I THINK MY PSI CHARGER SHOULD BE OK ITS 24 VOLT{29.6 VOLTS} AND CHARGES AT 5 AMPS

short answer : yes

it's the number of cells that is important.. the 10ah vs 20ah makes no difference.

Make sure the Max Amps from the PSI bms is not too much for the Ping ( the 20ah ping would be ok on a 20amp controller, 40 amps MAX ... the psi cells can do alot more amps and the bms may allow this.. )

I WIRED THE PING V2.5 BATTERY UP USING THE PSI BMS ITS AN AMAZING BATTERY HAS NO PROBLEMS POWERING MY 500 WATT CYCLONE KIT AFTER A FEW LOW DOD RUNS TO BREAK IN THE BATTERY I TRAVELED OVER 22 MILES AND ONLY USED HALF THE AMP HOURS ACORDING TO MY WATTS UP METER WHEN CRUISING AT 18 OR 20 MPH I PULL ABOUT 20 AMPS{1C} AND WHEN HILL CLIMBING I PULL 35 AMPS THE BATTERY NEVER EVEN GETS WARM I AM NOW IN GOING TO BUILD ANOTHER CYCLONE POWERED BIKE THIS TIME I HAVE THE 650 WATT CYCLONE KIT AND WHEN USED AT 36 VOLT WILL BE 900 WATT I PLAN ON GETTING A NEW V3 PING 25 AMP 36 VOLT BATTERY TO POWER IT

the original ping battery was 48 volt 10 amp i had to take it all apart and fit my own bms as the battery is now 24 volt 20 amp the battery gets better every time i use it which is normal for the first few charges i am now on to the forth cycle on the battery and aftyer clocking up 25 miles with very little pedaling and average speed at 20 mph plus allot of trail riding i have only used 15 amps so the battery is good for well over 30 miles will little pedaling or around 40 miles with pedaling along with the motor at a lower speed of 15 mph

Back