Purpose Built Controller Seat Pack or Frame Bag?

Ozzzz

100 W
Iv'e been looking around for a seat pack 'designed' to hold a (hot) controller, perhaps hardshell or in part with ventilation.
Does such a thing exist? (seems just abt every other component is or has been available in one form or other)
I was considering building another frame bag, somehow building in a ventilation pathway, a seat pack would be better, something already available better still.

Oops miss post.

My little 6FET doesn't get to hot for a sear pack. Finding the best size was a little frustrating. I'm buying cheap stuff off aliexpress. Find one with good photos and specs. Some really good deals. Cheap enough to have a spare. Roswheel or similar brand name has a cheap small triangle. I think that brand is as good as local bike shop stuff at twice the price.

I have a tip on my soldering iron just for making wiring ports in nylon bags.

If it's a low-current / low-wattage system, the controller may not get hot. But I have a Lyen 6FET that gets hot enough to fry capacitors in it if it's not in the airflow, when at it's higher current settings, in the Phoenix heat.

If you use a mesh bag then it could be used to "hide" the controller somewhat, but still allow cooling, assuming stealth is the reason for it.

You can always test the controller's temperature by wrapping it in a towel and riding the bike, with a BBQ (or other) remote thermometer , and ride it hard on a hot day, see how bad it gets, before worrying whether it will have a problem or not.

Stays cool all winter in minnesnowta.

Thanks guys, yeah, I have a roswell tank bag, good value for what it is.
I'll do some testing, i've just bought a Xiong-da mtr to try (within our local laws) (and with their proprietary 'KT' controller which apparently gets pretty hot)
I made a cover for my infineon ctrlr in tank bag position, with a water bot either side.. but would prefer to just buy something purpose built (yes, for stealth/ clean lines, time poor). Mesh is a good option, or purpose built hard 'shell' case built into the bottom of the seat bag (which is what i'd been searching for).
From what iv'e seen iv'e not seen a frame bag for EV with a vented/heatproof section. That would be as good.

To be honest a little kunteng controller doesnt get so warm - plenty of options to vent or heatsink it into a topeak aero wedge bag. Sing out if you need pointers, I'm local.
Cheers

Back