QS138 V3 70H sprocket cover

If you are able to find any STL, one that definitely fits, send me a few bucks and I'll print and mail one to you

Thank you 🤠
Sure don’t, wish I did. I’m sure somebody on ES has the STL, as this motor has been out for several years.

I can make one by hand. I just have so many other things to finish up on this dirtbike build. Basically need the sprocket cover to prevent the chain from throwing mud on the back of the battery case.

Will this fit? I know it says V1 in the description, but it's the only one I found so far. Can't remember whether you're using the geared version or not

Unfortunately no..
But Yeah the V3 has the gear reduction.

Alright, well if anybody reading this on the forum has a design I'd be happy to print it for you

Thank you!!
I’ll keep looking, I’m sure someone by now produces these sprocket covers. Or at least someone has the STL.

Why cover the sprocket?

The main reason to cover the sprocket is just to prevent mud being thrown on the back of my battery case. Has more to do with keeping moisture off the battery case that it does anything to do with the sprocket. I ride in some pretty muddy conditions while riding in the mountains. The top of mountains are pretty dry but when you get to the bottom, it’s a mud pit.

Here’s a picture from about six months ago when I was testing the bike with a temporary battery. That day wasn’t even that muddy and look at the bike lol
IMG_0095.jpeg

Wow. I keep mine pretty spotless on the road and drop to like 5mph if I see a puddle.

What current and voltage u doing? I see there’s a new qs138 v3 with bigger bearings. I wonder how the gear in what I have will survive with 118v and the cl1000 set to 800 motor amps

Maybe the sprocket cover would reduce noise and I want one. If anyone has a design please post it.

Attachments

• IMG_9762.jpeg
    IMG_9762.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9737.jpeg
    IMG_9737.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9654.jpeg
    IMG_9654.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9655.jpeg
    IMG_9655.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
If ya love em, you gotta drive em like you are angry and they are at fault...

Advice given to me when I got into BMX (it was very exciting, wasn't anything like it where I am from)

With dirt bikes it is always good to take the first 20-30 min soft, then go over everything to see what was missed in final assembly. I have actually checked out a bike that the rear chain deflector gaurd (unique to the bike I was working on I later found out) was installed literally upside down, so it looked like it was there to work like a float or something. Straight from the shop that was the only one in the state selling them.

Once you have done a nuts and bolts check, another 30 ish minutes to feel out how it is handling and moving. Then another overall check.

I would keep that up for the first 3-4 hours of riding, then edge the checks out til it is just a pre-flight and post-flight check out. Anything that wasn't thought of or set correctly rears it's head up in these initial checks. You will also start to see the differences between brands and bikes by doing this.

As for E-rides in specific? no clue though. I am far too old and married to be allowed back on a dirt bike. Last time I was on one the wiff caught me hitting jumps and about shat herself.

Wow. I keep mine pretty spotless on the road and drop to like 5mph if I see a puddle.

What current and voltage u doing? I see there’s a new qs138 v3 with bigger bearings. I wonder how the gear in what I have will survive with 118v and the cl1000 set to 800 motor amps

Maybe the sprocket cover would reduce noise and I want one. If anyone has a design please post it.

Just now seeing your message.

Your bike looks sweet! It looks so nimble with those small wheels, I bet it’s a blast to ride.

And yes, I hear you on keeping the bike spotless. Even though this is a dirtbike that gets muddy, I typically clean it really good after every ride. with my E bikes/bicycles for the street I’m the same, always keep them spotless 👌

My battery is 28s. I’m not sure how much current I will be using but well below half the rated current of my cells. The main goal is range, so I’ll probably keep the current turn down to the minimum of what I need. But yeah, racing other bikes, I probably would turn it up to 450amps. It’s a lot of power through that small QS138, but it should be able to handle that for a few seconds, just for a short drag race. Also, considering my phase wires coming out of the motor are 1/0awg that should help.

You would think by now a sprocket cover would be easy to find since the qs138 has been out for a couple of years.

Looks like I’ll probably end up having to make one by hand. Have a couple of ideas how I could do it, but there’s many things on the list before that.

Back