2500$ 28kW Chinese pit bike qs138 70H V3, Fardriver 96680

Let us know how that primary drive reduction on the motor holds up to the power .👍
So far so good. I will updade if something happens(y) Only problem is that my 12mm rear axle is bending slightly from the torque. I should upgrade it to 15mm axle.

Nice, That will give you some grip!

Looks like you used self tapping metal screws?
Yes I used self tapping metal screws. Cheap way to make spike tyre. It is not good for asphalt, but on ice these are really good. I will mostly ride on ice and snowy roads/trails.

Well, that will keep the motor temps down 👍
I bet that pit bike rips because it’s so light plus the small wheels ⚡

I’m curious if you’ve had other builds using A mid drive in the snow and if you’ve had rust issues? When I use hub motors in the snow, they get rusted quickly if I don’t varnish or create some type of vent or drain. So I was curious if you’ve had rust issues in the past from those snowy conditions? Do you have the motor varnished or a vent?

Well, that will keep the motor temps down 👍
I bet that pit bike rips because it’s so light plus the small wheels ⚡

I’m curious if you’ve had other builds using A mid drive in the snow and if you’ve had rust issues? When I use hub motors in the snow, they get rusted quickly if I don’t varnish or create some type of vent or drain. So I was curious if you’ve had rust issues in the past from those snowy conditions? Do you have the motor varnished or a vent?
Thanks!

I have have had couple hub motor builds and now I have two mid drive builds. This one with qs138 and smaller bike with qs90. I have sealed the hub motors side covers and the hole where the wire comes with sealant/silicone. I haven't had much rust inside hub motors. QS138 has some kinda vent from a factory. I'm not sure yet how good qs90 and qs138 will survive from the water and rust.

here is couple years old hub motor. (All the magnet glues failed due to heat and ferrofluid :D)
IMG_20220521_194642.jpg Here is qs138 from inside. (Not used yet in this picture)IMG_20230107_214836.jpg

Back