QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

Cnqsmotor.com was always canonical, but dunno now.

Email carrie@tzquanshun.com

and/or judy@tzquanshun.com

Not
www.qsmotor.com sales@qsmotor.com
Not
www.qs-motor.com info@qs-motor.com

Okay, people are asking about replacing their 1500w controller from various manufacturers because it blew up running with their 1500w motor. We also get people asking for recommendations for the newbies on kits and I gotta say you don't have the easiest way for them to put together a package from your site. So here's a way to fix that.

First, to be clear, here's a good representative kit for someone to assemble. https://leafbike.com/products/diy-bike-conversion-kit/275-inch-48v-52v-1500w-rear-electric-hub-motor-kit-1184.html People are happy to see that. The main problem is that 40a peak controller isn't going to hold up.

So if you were to package the 205 1500w with a 48-72v controller at 80a peak, whole conversion kit ready to go, that would make some people happy.

183_183_eb4546dec4fba9200f2f7999566da211.jpg

Greetings,

The motor on my ebike has some issues (a broken magnet, rust, 16ga wires for phases, etc) and I'm looking to get something better.

Current e-bike characteristics:
Bike weight: 70 kg + 20 kg battery pack
Load weight: 160 kg (total, bike included)
Tire: Ebike-type, Kenda 3.00x16" (outside diameter)
Rims size: 12" (real, outside diameter)
Single gear (no gear necessary)
Motor must allow regenerative breaking
Controller: 45A (max), modified Infineon controller (aka Lyen Controller, v2012), square wave (likely?)
Voltage: 60V (lithium LiFePO4, 20s)
Speed: 40 km/h (525 rpm)
New motor can go faster, but must be able to work at that speed and at 32km/h (ex: via cycle-analyst or controller speed limit).
Current: 10 - 20A (typical at 40km/h)
Max speed isn't that important but there are some small hills around where I live so the motor will need to have some climbing power.
Tires are not tubeless, so a bare minimum space is needed to fit the tube angle plug.
Distance available between the rear fork: 165mm (inner), 175mm (outer)
See the reference pic below for schematics.

The 205 motor for e-bike seems to be able to do what I need and it's small enough to fit the wheel
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/QS%20Motor%20500W%20-%203000W%20205%20Electric%20Scooter%20Bicycle%20brushless%20Spoke%20DC%20Hub%20Motor/746.html

The only problem is that I don't have a rim to fit that motor but you seem to have a 12x2.15inch (narrow tire) rim available below on what appear to be the same motor but with an e-scooter axle (too large for my bike):
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/upfile/QS12inch205e-scooter/20180616003257_554.jpg
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_list_112.html
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/QS%2012inch%2012%22%201000W%20-%203000W%20205%2048V%20-%2096V%20Scooter%20brushless%20dc%20electric%20hub%20wheel%20motor/570.html

So is there a way for you to take, shall we say, a 205 V3 1500W motor for e-bike (220mm total length axle) and put a 2.15" rim on it instead of one with spokes? Or do you recommend another configuration?

Thanks.
ebike motor2.png

Tempest said:
So is there a way for you to take, shall we say, a 205 V3 1500W motor for e-bike (220mm total length axle) and put a 2.15" rim on it instead of one with spokes? Or do you recommend another configuration?

Why not just get a 10" or 12" hubmotor with scooter rim (tubeless) and slap on a scooter tire (3.0-10 = 16" outer diameter)?
A scooter tire is more puncture resistant and will wear much longer. http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article...roller and kits for Electric Scooter/937.html

SlowCo said:
Why not just get a 10" or 12" hubmotor with scooter rim (tubeless) and slap on a scooter tire (3.0-10 = 16" outer diameter)?
A scooter tire is more puncture resistant and will wear much longer. http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article...roller and kits for Electric Scooter/937.html

I will admit that I'm not terribly familiar with tubeless tires. My concern is that if I get a flat and it either doesn't seal or if it cannot be fixed. On a regular bike, the procedure seems to be: insert a tube and patch the tire back home. For motorcycles, you need a special kit but from what I understand, not all flats can (easily) be repaired on the side of the road.

My ebike is one of those heavier scooter-looking one and if something goes wrong with the setup I currently have, I can easily path the tube and if it's really bad, I can just put a new tube in. Either ways, I'm not stranded.

But yeah, those ebike tires are rather thin and not very durable but if the rim can accept an angle plug, I will still have option to change later on and experiment a bit with that new kind of tire.

Tubeless is the king of roadside repair. Say for instance a nail has punctured your tire. Remove the nail from the tire, insert the "brush" do 6-8 strokes in and out with the brush and put in one of those tubeless repair "tiny plugs" into the whole using the plug tool.

You do this in about 1 minute. You can refill air into tire with a manual pump or using co2 cartridges. Those cartridges is super fast, and you don't break a sweat using them. Get the bigger ones, not the smallest ones.

If sidewall is damaged, you are not supposed to repair the tire, tubeless or no tubeless.

macp444 said:
Anyone know what the wait time is for shipment to the US?

The foreseeable future. Basically if people tell how long they waited last year, everything has changed. If they tell you about waiting 8 months for what they received in the last month, it means they ordered just before or at the beginning of China shutdown, then into the U.S. slowdown. If they tell you they've been waiting less than 8 months but they're still waiting, the realities have changed just in that time and are bound to change again.

So I'm trying to get up the nerve to go ahead and order something, but I'm one of those people who is absolutely killed by the wait. You just have to make up your mind that when it comes, it comes.

There are many store sale QS Motor and Electric Motor Kits on aliexpress, I would like to make it more clearly for better understanding.
SiAECOSYS (SIA in short) is the subsidiary company of QSMOTOR, who focus on electric motor & motor kits as electic powertrain of electric 2/3/4 wheelers, for internantional market.

Vito, Judy, Tessio, Jasmine in 1st sales team,
Store name: SIA Electric Powertrain Store
https://siaecosys.aliexpress.com/store/5881618

Damon, Vincent in 2nd sales team,
Store name: QS Motor Factory Store
https://qsmotorfactory.aliexpress.com/store/1389549…
Store name: SiAECOSYS Store
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5079180…

Carrie, Summer in 3rd sales team.
Store name: QS Electric Drive Store
https://qs-motordrive.aliexpress.com/store/4393030…
Store name: SIA Tech Store
https://siatech.aliexpress.com/store/5616201…

Others are not powered by SIA, please noted.
Welcome to visit our web on aliexpress, especially SIA Electric Powertrain Store, follow us on aliexpress for lastest news. ; )
Links 2.jpg

Hi QS,

I'd really like to get a v3 205 H50 hub or wheel build. I don't mind the $270 hub price or $380 price for a complete wheel. The shipping almost seems like a deterrent. Like when I bid on a job for a client on a holiday weekend I bid more hoping I don't get the job. For example, the 72v controller is market price and $35 shipping and it weighs 1KG. I thought if I buy 2 I could split shipping with a friend. However if you buy 2 controllers shipping is $105. LOL.

If there is a US distributor I would be interested in purchasing. I would also be interested in buying 10 wheels if I could pay actual shipping price. When I bought an electric scooter from WISH shipping was only $44 USD from China.

I was trying to get a price on a 2000 watt 150mm 4t it took 18 emails and same question 6 times 220.00 hub 80.00 rim 19in like 225.00 shipping or 525.00shipped.
Looked at half twrist 6.00 and 19.00shipping order 2 for12.00 and 38.00usd shipping for two throttles. So order 5 and on one website 121.00 shipping.
But one site found shipping and found 61.00 . So pulled the trigger. I just takes time and luck.

tradersalt said:
I would also be interested in buying 10 wheels if I could pay actual shipping price. When I bought an electric scooter from WISH shipping was only $44 USD from China.
Believe me you don't want to pay actual shipping price.

Smaller / light packages from China are incredibly subsidized under the international postal rates organization.

Once you get into heavy stuff, via container load is the only way to get per-piece back down to reasonable.

in the last six months with COVID stuff that used to be only $3-400 is now a grand plus

and uncertainty wrt to tariffs if USA bound

plus long long delays

Just the way things are now

I have had 2 things from QS, but I made my order with them direct, not via Ali express.
Earlier in the year I ordered a Sabvoton controller and just over a month ago I ordered a QS273.

I emailed them for a price including shipping. I got a reply within a day. I paid via paypal.
Within a day I got an email about when the item would be shipped. (About a week). Then I got an email that the item was shipped with the DHL tracking number.
Of course, via DHL I had to pay import charges.
Shipping costs were 50 USD for controller and 190USD for motor.

john61ct said:
In the last six months with COVID stuff that used to be only $3-400 is now a grand plus

and uncertainty wrt to tariffs if USA bound

plus long long delays

Just the way things are now

I found a US retailer that has the QS motor I want in stock for just a little bit more and I can have it in a week. I should have looked a little harder before making a post.

tradersalt said:
I found a US retailer that has the QS motor I want in stock for just a little bit more and I can have it in a week. I should have looked a little harder before making a post.
And why on earth would you hold back the contact info of such a resource?

john61ct said:
tradersalt said:

Sorry! look for edrifttrikes. They also have these cool laser cut motor mounts that you would have to mod to work on a rear dropout. If you can weld it looks worth it to not spin your hubmotor.

tradersalt said:
john61ct said:
tradersalt said:

Sorry! look for edrifttrikes. They also have these cool laser cut motor mounts that you would have to mod to work on a rear dropout. If you can weld it looks worth it to not spin your hubmotor.

Hi. Does anyone here have any experience of building using the QS138 6kw mid drive motor.
I'm looking to install on a Derbi Senda (supermoto style) motorbike frame.
Just looking to find out how difficult the build was , re mounting, programming etc, and the power and reliability of the kit?
Many thanks in advance

Hi QS and ES

I bought for a few bucks a Vectrix VX-2 scooter. It comes with a 48v Sevcon gen4 system, so I was warned that I could deal with sin cos encoder issues.

But in fact not at all ! It's a super classic QSmotor inside (4000w 13inch single shaft, 28 pole pair), I found the halls and plugging a Nucular on it was a matter of minutes. I saw here on ES (thanks ES) that it's just another version of the Vmoto E-Max basis.

Though, I don't understand what 2 wires coming from the motor are made for. Before unplugging the Sevcon I could mesure that a white one is fed in +12v and the orange is supposedly a negative/ground

Which one would be what acccording to you ? If there was a temp sensor inside it would be useful, but I would'nt like to blindly fry anything... Usually in QS stuff you find only one wire for the (kty83/122) sensor...

Back