QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

tradersalt said:
Hi QS,

I'd really like to get a v3 205 H50 hub or wheel build. I don't mind the $270 hub price or $380 price for a complete wheel. The shipping almost seems like a deterrent. Like when I bid on a job for a client on a holiday weekend I bid more hoping I don't get the job. For example, the 72v controller is market price and $35 shipping and it weighs 1KG. I thought if I buy 2 I could split shipping with a friend. However if you buy 2 controllers shipping is $105. LOL.

If there is a US distributor I would be interested in purchasing. I would also be interested in buying 10 wheels if I could pay actual shipping price. When I bought an electric scooter from WISH shipping was only $44 USD from China.

Pfffff, I wanted to order an qs138 90h but the shipping exceeds the cost of the motor...bummer...

I wanna build a motoped(or vector vortex) frame and 19"moto wheels with a qs138 and top out at 90ish will the 138 have enough torque to be fun geared to 90mph/144kph? I really wanna have a bike thats fast for off road and have pedals to ride back home lol...

Legna199111 said:
I wanna build a motoped(or vector vortex) frame and 19"moto wheels with a qs138 and top out at 90ish will the 138 have enough torque to be fun geared to 90mph/144kph? I really wanna have a bike thats fast for off road and have pedals to ride back home lol...

144km/h on a bicycle, hope you like donating organs :lol:

You wouldn't be able to pedal for long considering the battery and controller that is required for 144kmh

B1078 said:
Pfffff, I wanted to order an qs138 90h but the shipping exceeds the cost of the motor...bummer...

The days of subsidized shipping and no tariffs are over.
Time to start thinking about group purchases again.

M

So any info on the actual build instead of saying its too fast 🙄 lol I'm looking to build a range machine but if I want to go off road it would actually be fun I want high top speed and acceleration so which motor be best for the motoped/vortex frame.....

Legna199111 said:
So any info on the actual build instead of saying its too fast 🙄 lol I'm looking to build a range machine but if I want to go off road it would actually be fun I want high top speed and acceleration so which motor be best for the motoped/vortex frame.....

You should look at a Zero FX as that bike has the power and approaches the speed you're after. It's even built to be safe with that speed and power:https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/model/zero-fx
You'll have to gear it a little higher to get the original top speed of 85mph to the 90mph you want. And then add bicycle pedals and a chain to be able to "pedal" it. That's how realistic your idea is... :roll:

ebike.jpg

QSMOTOR said:
macribs said:
QSMOTOR said:
QSMOTOR 180 9000W 90H PMSM IPM mid drive motor

Hi any news about the new mid motor 180? Your website has shown the motor for more then a year but still not possible to buy.

1: Do you know if that new 180 series will be ready this year in 2020?

2: Iirc you last year said something about making the 180 motor with different power output. From QSMOTOR 180 90H up to QSMOTOR 180 135H, is that correct? Would like to know continuous and peak for both of those.

3: If your motor is still in beta testing, possible to buy a beta version? I don't care about warranty, and I can put that in writing for you if like.

Hi Macribs,

Good question, here is my comment below.
any news about the new mid motor 180? Your website has shown the motor for more then a year but still not possible to buy.
Vito: 180 mid motor is still under developing, the motor sample is mount in EV, for further testing.

1: Do you know if that new 180 series will be ready this year in 2020?
Vito: I think yes.

2: Iirc you last year said something about making the 180 motor with different power output. From QSMOTOR 180 90H up to QSMOTOR 180 135H, is that correct? Would like to know continuous and peak for both of those.
Vito: So far, we plan to make 180 90H motor firstly.
Continous power of 180 90H motor could be 11000W.

3: If your motor is still in beta testing, possible to buy a beta version? I don't care about warranty, and I can put that in writing for you if like.
Vito: The motor sample is ok, but matching with controller will be the problem.
refer to below picture.
横幅 180中置.jpg

Btw., there is 138 7500W motor liquid cooling, we suggest to test that motor kits.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001276167004.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.1.b67647e7wDS87y
横幅 138 4000W中置.jpg

Hello, it is not much left of 2020 now. How is the progress with this motor?
Is it possible to buy without a controller?

B1078 said:
Hi,

Googled a bunch without result, but does anybody know the exact kV of the qs138 90h. Need to calculate my reduction.

TIA,

Tim
Spec says 4000rpm at 72v = kv55 without flux weakening, 6500rpm with flux weakening so kV 90
(Found it on first opened google hit)

larsb said:
B1078 said:
Hi,

Googled a bunch without result, but does anybody know the exact kV of the qs138 90h. Need to calculate my reduction.

TIA,

Tim
Spec says 4000rpm at 72v = kv55 without flux weakening, 6500rpm with flux weakening so kV 90
(Found it on first opened google hit)

Calling me dumb, but still helping me! 🙈 excellent man, thanks!

Looking for some advice... I’m converting an old scooter.

I’ve gone back and forth between the QS mid-drive and a QS hub, but am now leaning towards a hub - mainly for simplicity. The scooter had 12” wheels initially and I’ll stay with that.

There’s now tonnes of options for 12” hub motors from QS, though. It seems the 260 V4 motor is the latest and greatest? Not sure how much power I need / should go for, though - and do I need to get into the details of the winding options?

I’d like to be able to do 100km/hr, but it’ll essentially be for commuting with a short motorway stint. About a 30-35km round trip. I’m looking at using CALB CAM72 batteries to make a 72V pack, which should give me a bit over 5kwh of capacity and handle a decent current draw.

One thing I’m considering is if that’s too much battery - it’d weigh about 44kgs, but not seeing too many options I like better. What sort of mileage should I expect from these motors. Is 50wh/km a reasonable average to work from?

I figure I need to go bigger than the 4Kw hub to comfortably hit 100km/hr, but should I be looking at the 8kw or 10kw, or is 6kw / 7kw likely to be “enough”? (The scooter weighed around 130kg initially - may end up a little heavier. It’s not massively aerodynamic and has an upright riding position.)

Any thoughts on the ones with the detachable rim? I wondered if that be an advantage over having it all in one in terms of reducing the risks of accidental damage?

LFP is much lower density.

A123 makes NMC pouches should deliver same level of energy and power in a lighter smaller form factor.

But much shorter lifespan and much more thermally risky.

Thanks, John. Yeah, I think I’ve reassessed my priorities on the battery a bit since seeing someone’s burnt out bike on Facebook the other day. I think I’m willing to make the trade offs for the relative safety of Lifepo...

18650 faults/fires due to the cell are extremely rare so you don’t need to go to LFP. Just stay away from the RC LiPo pouches from hobbyking and similar.

BMS failures, homebuilt batteries and cases etc is a bigger cause of issues but these are not related to the cell chemistry.

Hello qs,I sent u an email a couple days ago on your website. I'm interested in the 12inch, 260, v4, 50 or 60h,7000 or 8000watt. I have three 6s, 20ah, 12c, lipo batteries for 66.6 volts nominal and a 72volt 300 phase amp kelly controller(more like 100 amp).

I'm upgrading to two of those 66 volt packs in parallel for 40 ah at 12c and getting a bigger controller,probaly 500 phase amps.

I don't need a rim unless you have a 12 inch by 8.5 inch wide rim.
How much for the 260 v4 50h
How much and generally how long is shipping to Pennsylvania, usa

Thankyou

Can anyone indicate controller settings for QS212 35h 17x5? 55A current should be ok in 26" rim? How much phase current?

Hi!
Where can I find a list of all the motors with different winding types (T5, T6, T7...)? Weights, dimensions and other specifications of each one?
HTB1IMsCeRKw3KVjSZFOq6yrDVXaQ.jpg

john61ct said:

It is new 180 8kw mid drive motor
Which will be on the market about next month.
Below is the drawing:
2.png

Back