QSmotor/SiAecosys/Taizhou CT-22 Programming. 1 of 8

hi there have a ct-22 and with the information in these posts I have been able to program everything but the battery voltage meter any help would be greatly appreciated

My understanding (please if I am wrong correct me)is p-2 through p6 is charging status. (Example p5 is charged at 80%, Then you put whatever Voltage your battery is at 80% charged) So mine is a 60volt battery 80% charged for me would be something like 58volts (0058). My cut off on the bms is 52 volts/Fully charged is 67.8 volts. P7 -P9 is discharging status 20-60%. So if the battery was 20% discharged it would be 58volts for me because I have a remaining compacity of 80%. P-A is if the battery was discharged at 80% of
it's compacity. So mine would be like 57volts (0057). P-B is 100 percent drained or the cut off. So mine would be 52volts (0052). I have not gone it to load test yet so the numbers will probably be fine tuned some more. However this is the general idea,I hope it helps I am currently getting help with speedometer settings. That's the main one holding me up and what does I and H stand for (it's not in the documentation). Anyway cheers I think we all need to continue to work on this thread. So nobody has to suffer on it, the ct22 is a good speedometer. However it's just purely OEM based..lol!

kiwifiat wrote:Jan 18 2020 3:48pm
You need the circumference of the tire and the number of pole pairs the motor has. You will need to remove one of the side covers to count the magnets. Pole pairs = number of magnets/2. Alternatively you could ask the manufacturer about the pole pair number but ymmv.

Get back to me with that data and I can assist you.

Hello I believe it's 15pole pairs 11inch tire /circumference of 34.54 inches/87.73 cm. Rated at 2400 rpm according to the Seller. Also what is the exact formula for mph (start to finish). I want to write it down and put it in my notes.My scooter is 60 volts. However eventually I am going to Hot Rod my 72volt Onyx RCR. I am going to need it adjust the ct22 on that. Plan to do 2 post on both of these rides. Thanks bro for all your help.

My frequency calc for my set up is 138 assuming 60 kph. I will set the system up for MPH when done. For parameters 0 and 1 using passcode 6610, I put 138 for parameter 0. What do I put for parameter 1 -- also 138 or 60?

I have something odd happening. Over the course of a day or two, either the trip odometer, total odometer or both seem to randomly reset to zero. Any ideas why? I have pin 1 (yellow) always wired to 96v. Pin 2 is connected to 96v, but through my switch. Pins 3 and 4 are both connected to the frame as a common ground as I am using a Kelly controller. Pin 5 is connected to 12+ which is also only active when my switch is turned on and the 96v is converted to 12v. Any ideas?

THEDON82z1 said:
kiwifiat wrote:Jan 18 2020 3:48pm
You need the circumference of the tire and the number of pole pairs the motor has. You will need to remove one of the side covers to count the magnets. Pole pairs = number of magnets/2. Alternatively you could ask the manufacturer about the pole pair number but ymmv.

Get back to me with that data and I can assist you.

Hello I believe it's 15pole pairs 11inch tire /circumference of 34.54 inches/87.73 cm. Rated at 2400 rpm according to the Seller. Also what is the exact formula for mph (start to finish). I want to write it down and put it in my notes.My scooter is 60 volts. However eventually I am going to Hot Rod my 72volt Onyx RCR. I am going to need it adjust the ct22 on that. Plan to do 2 post on both of these rides. Thanks bro for all your help.

If you have set the display for MPH then the display microcontroller is asking you for the frequency in Hertz at say 60MPH.
You can use metric or imperial to do the calculation but since you want MPH let's use imperial.
There are 63360 inches in a mile so in 60 miles there are 60x63360 = 3801600 inches.
There are 3600 seconds in an hour so at 60 MPH your scooter is covering 1056 inches per second.
Your tire has a circumference of 35.54 inches so your tire is rotating at 1056/35.54 = 29.71 revs per second.
Your motor has 15 pole pairs so the frequency on any one of the Hall sensor wires will be 15 x 29.71 = 445.65 Hz so lets say enter 446Hz at 60MPH.

. If you have set the display for MPH then the display microcontroller is asking you for the frequency in Hertz at say 60MPH.
You can use metric or imperial to do the calculation but since you want MPH let's use imperial.
There are 63360 inches in a mile so in 60 miles there are 60x63360 = 3801600 inches.
There are 3600 seconds in an hour so at 60 MPH your scooter is covering 1056 inches per second.
Your tire has a circumference of 35.54 inches so your tire is rotating at 1056/35.54 = 29.71 revs per second.
Your motor has 15 pole pairs so the frequency on any one of the Hall sensor wires will be 15 x 29.71 = 445.65 Hz so lets say enter 446Hz at 60MPH.

Ok thanks so much for a full explanation. As soon I get home I will put the numbers in and make a note. Thank you so much and I look forward to sharing more ideas with you.

eKZQSN said:
I have something odd happening. Over the course of a day or two, either the trip odometer, total odometer or both seem to randomly reset to zero. Any ideas why? I have pin 1 (yellow) always wired to 96v. Pin 2 is connected to 96v, but through my switch. Pins 3 and 4 are both connected to the frame as a common ground as I am using a Kelly controller. Pin 5 is connected to 12+ which is also only active when my switch is turned on and the 96v is converted to 12v. Any ideas?

Not sure that seems weird. However I have my (non) 12volt negative's going to the battery negative. The only thing I could not figure out was how to use the eco,normal and speed negative lamps (in real-time). How do you get them to switch real-time using only the negative lines. SMH!

My current dc-dc converter (96v-12v) has a common ground. This forces me to have the frame be grounded for both the 96v battery and 12v system. I suspect this is causing problems not to mention how easy it is to ground out the battery on the frame. I’m going to replace it with a dc-dc converter that isolates the two voltage systems allowing the frame to be just the 12v ground.

I’m curious myself how you can manage the motor torque and display the mode.

Any thoughts on what to enter for parameter 1 when programming the display using 6610 password?

eKZQSN said:
My current dc-dc converter (96v-12v) has a common ground. This forces me to have the frame be grounded for both the 96v battery and 12v system. I suspect this is causing problems not to mention how easy it is to ground out the battery on the frame. I’m going to replace it with a dc-dc converter that isolates the two voltage systems allowing the frame to be just the 12v ground.

I’m curious myself how you can manage the motor torque and display the mode.

Any thoughts on what to enter for parameter 1 when programming the display using 6610 password?

Good idea with splitting the negatives. I am just getting off work so tomorrow I will put in the suggested hertz number recommended to me earlier. Follow the formula recommended to me in the above post and see what you get. However like it was told to me ymmv..lol..Look forward to hearing your results. I won't know with mine until I am ready for load testing. Final parts (Rear brakes hose , kickstand and a few other cosmetic things ) arrive in the mail.Cheers:)

I’m traveling now and won’t be back at it until March. Will post the results.

Hi Team smart dudes all you you who can help me out in here PLEASE
My ebike is nominal 96v battery when it fully charged shows 108volts when it completely drained shows 85volts
My QS 273 v3 hub motor around 8K.W when I bought it and hopefully it's true because on their website shows one thing but when you receive it's might be the other, anyway PLEASE help me to calibrate or adjust very nice speedometer CT-22
MY front Rin 21 inches but with the tire goes up to 27inches whole tire back one is 26inches
is shows 40mph but the actual true speed is 20mph how can I make it right correct I can get to P-0000 but what numbers should I enter ?? :?: :?: :?:

My ebike is nominal 96v battery when it fully charged shows 108volts when it completely drained shows 85volts
My QS 273 v3 hub motor around 8K.W when I bought it and hopefully it's true because on their website shows one thing but when you receive it's might be the other, anyway PLEASE help me to calibrate or adjust very nice speedometer CT-22
MY front Rin 21 inches but with the tire goes up to 27inches whole tire back one is 26inches
is shows 40mph but the actual true speed is 20mph how can I make it right correct I can get to P-0000 but what numbers should I enter ?? :?: :?: :?:

superbike1 said:
Not trying to give you a hard time bro, but all the settings parameters to enter are covered at the beginning of this post. I had the same issue and of if you find my replies it should answer most of your questions.Best of luck!

Thanks guys I still cannot get it I mean can some one please make short video how to adjust speedometer and the battery voltage properly display please or at lease step by stem pictures

Re: QSmotor/SiAecosys/Taizhou CT-22 Programming. 1 of 8
by THEDON82z1 » Apr 01 2020 10:58am

superbike1 wrote: ↑Mar 31 2020 6:25pm
Not trying to give you a hard time bro, but all the settings parameters to enter are covered at the beginning of this post. I had the same issue and of if you find my replies it should answer most of your questions.Best of luck!

Re: QSmotor/SiAecosys/Taizhou CT-22 Programming. 1 of 8
by THEDON82z1 » Apr 01 2020 10:58am

superbike1 wrote: ↑Mar 31 2020 6:25pm

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys I still cannot get it I mean can some one please make short video how to adjust speedometer and the battery voltage properly display please or at lease step by stem pictures

Hey bro here is a video for replacing and reprogramming the onyx rcr (ct-22) A owner posted on the onyx rcr Facebook forum. This setting are different but the basic principles are the same. Hope this helps and best of luck👍

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lmJQzI7YfJA6FwG5pO6tpCoN_K4Jl7Ab/view?usp=drivesdk

Wow man thank you thank you this is clear nice to understand finally super thank you very much !!!
Some day I will put the link of my super bike on this site with the link to see and from my cloud drive all pictures everyone will love it goes around 70mph slick design custom made by hand ....................

thank you every one again , finally found sweet spot of my ebike speed configuration which is 240 and now it is showing precisely now accurate speed of my bike tested 23 time !!!
Here is my ebike in case if you have same parts or bike ...

ebike is nominal 96v battery when it fully charged shows 109volts when it completely drained shows 85volts
My QS 273 v3 hub motor around 8K.W
MY front Rim 21 inches but with the tire goes up to 27inches whole tire, back one is 26inches with the tire..
top speed 72 mp/h.....:)

One more question very big one

for some weird reason when I enabled Regen in app in my android it makes clanky noise internally inside the hub-motor noise but only when hit to breaks or accelerate . I really really want to have powerful braking system and without jerking
I set my current to to 60% but still not so good... Please help I will issue to you guy $10bux amazon card for very big help because this is important to me !!

Alright, I know this post is a bit old, but I was curious if anyone could help me out here as I'm a bit confused with the speed section, and the seller is making it more confusing.

I upgraded the stock speedometer on my Daymak EM2 to this, and got everything to work, except the speed. I used the formula here to get what I thought was the correct speed, but it still is way off. Here's the information on the bike/motor.

16" read wheel, total tire circumference is 1.892 meters (how the seller asked for it. It's a 2000w motor, however I'm unsure how many poles as it came on the bike and not much info is available, however the seller suggested 16. Using what the seller told me (1000/1.892*16*60/3600) I'm not sure exactly how to work this out for both numbers honestly, are the 0-0000 and 1-0000 supposed to be the same? Also, from Google and the calculator I got two different answers from the formula too... Just a simple answer from anyone would be awesome, thanks so much!

I'm facing issue with this speedometer connection. If anyone can help me to connect, it will be great and thanks in advance.

Issue is QS sales person says they don't know it's VCC (battery) wheter it's 12V or 72V.

I tried to connect both 12V and 72V but it's not turning on wiring diagram I got from QS attached.

Is there anything additional required to turn it ON?

Attachments

• mmexport1592341814447.jpg
    mmexport1592341814447.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 3,343
  • Screenshot_20200617-024258.jpg
    Screenshot_20200617-024258.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 3,343
MJSfoto1956 said:
kiwifiat said:
On the basis that your tire circumference is 1.695m and your hub motor has 16 pole pairs the answer QS gave you of 157Hz - 60km/h is correct.

60000m/3600s = 16.67 m/s. The circumference of your tire is 1.695m so your wheel is rotating at 16.67/1.695 = 9.83 rev/s. Your motor has 16 pole pairs so the frequency on any of the Hall sensors will be 16 x 9.83 = 157.28 Hz.

Repeat the calculation using 96560m if you want to enter settings for 60mph.

THANK YOU! :bigthumb:
That is what I was looking for.

M

Hello,
Thanks for the necessary clarifications on the programming. Really helped me out.

But for the speed settings 0 and 1 I have different thoughts.
0-xxxx for speed. I find 0-0190 to be the right setting.
1-xxxx for mileage. Same setting: 1-0190

I found this setting via mileage. Drive a known distance, read the display distance, calculate deviation, adjust setting, repeat. 420>215>187>195>190.
Speed is same setting. But if you want true mileage and safe speed, you CAN make the display show little higher speed.

With my 18"rim and 1914mm circumference, I cannot find a relation to 16 poles and/or 60 km/h. But the 0190 setting seems accurate.

Ouch, only one day after my proud settings I found out that
My motor has 23 pole pairs
Which gives 60000/3600/1.914*23=200
190 was not that bad, but calculation rules
Both for setting 0 and 1 for speed and mileage

Happy EV cruising!

Tandwiel said:
Hello,
Thanks for the necessary clarifications on the programming. Really helped me out.

But for the speed settings 0 and 1 I have different thoughts.
0-xxxx for speed. I find 0-0190 to be the right setting.
1-xxxx for mileage. Same setting: 1-0190

I found this setting via mileage. Drive a known distance, read the display distance, calculate deviation, adjust setting, repeat. 420>215>187>195>190.
Speed is same setting. But if you want true mileage and safe speed, you CAN make the display show little higher speed.

With my 18"rim and 1914mm circumference, I cannot find a relation to 16 poles and/or 60 km/h. But the 0190 setting seems accurate.

Back