QSmotor/SiAecosys/Taizhou CT-22 Programming. 1 of 8

Added backup battery CR2032 to DS1302 chip inside CT-22 display. Now RTC clock don't depends from power supply. Desolder pin 8 from PCB and connect to pin 8 the backup battery.

Attachments

• battery01.jpg
    battery01.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 20
  • battery02.jpg
    battery02.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 20
  • battery03.jpg
    battery03.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 20
Awesome work but if that a lithium battery wont it need to recharged or is it just a dumb battery. Thanks awesome mod. I am switching from a bac8000 to a fardrive 72850. Going to be using another ct22 i would love to incorporate this mod. Keep me updated 👌🏽

The CR2032 battery is used in computer motherboards. Have you ever changed the battery in your computer? Moreover, the DS1302 chip has trickle charger for a backup battery.

The CR2032 battery is used in computer motherboards. Have you ever changed the battery in your computer? Moreover, the DS1302 chip has trickle charger for a backup battery.
No I have never had the need to change the motherboard battery. However that mod is very useful one. Thanks for the information!

Hello,
Thanks for the necessary clarifications on the programming. Really helped me out.

But for the speed settings 0 and 1 I have different thoughts.
0-xxxx for speed. I find 0-0190 to be the right setting.
1-xxxx for mileage. Same setting: 1-0190

I found this setting via mileage. Drive a known distance, read the display distance, calculate deviation, adjust setting, repeat. 420>215>187>195>190.
Speed is same setting. But if you want true mileage and safe speed, you CAN make the display show little higher speed.

With my 18"rim and 1914mm circumference, I cannot find a relation to 16 poles and/or 60 km/h. But the 0190 setting seems accurate.
I am going to bump this old thread in case lurkers (like me) need correct info, to say this guy is absolutely right and to ignore the speedometer section of the first post.

The ct-22 dash is always calibrated to 60km/h (60000m/h) Input values in settings for section 0 and 1 should always be the same (unless you are messing with the odometer for insurance reasons... wink wink)
0 is speed related and 1 is odometer related.
The equation is so:
Code:
60000(m/h) / 3600(s) / x * y = value
x = circumference of wheel (in meters)
y = pole pairs of your motor (i.e. 16 for QS273 v3)
Example: 2.06m circumference wheel with 16 pole pair motor 60000/3600/2.06*16 = 129.44 (Thus you input 0-0129 and 1-0129 on the ct-22)

You could also just see this as calibrated to 16.67m/s calibration, but you know, that is 60km/h.

It took me a long while to figure out why my speedometer seemed off and my odometer was way off.

Hi guys ….please let me know .. what could be the problem of this display?

Attachments

• IMG_3478.jpeg
    IMG_3478.jpeg
    980.5 KB · Views: 9
Internal LCD control chip or connection from it to the LCD is probably defective. You can attempt to fix the connection, but a chip failure is probably not repairable. (unless you can find the identical replacement part and can perform SMT (probably fine-pitch) desoldering and soldering).

Thanks
Internal LCD control chip or connection from it to the LCD is probably defective. You can attempt to fix the connection, but a chip failure is probably not repairable. (unless you can find the identical replacement part and can perform SMT (probably fine-pitch) desoldering and soldering).
thanks for the reply ….it was on and off initially but now totally blank that area ?

Most likely the display was damaged by some event your bike / etc endured that hasn't been mentioned yet.

The specific problem you'd have to disassemble it to troubleshoot if you want to repair this display unit. There's nothing anyone else can tell you about it without that.

The best / easiest fix is to replace the whole display unit and program it to match whatever you set the old one up to.

Hello, I have a CT-22. The word "READY" appears and disappears when I'm driving. When the word "READY" appears it does not show the speed. When the word "READY" disappears, it shows the speed

Maybe the display is rebooting because of an intermittent connection? (probably it's power wiring, but could be something internal in the circuit board / traces)

Back