Question about building a dirt bike with a MXUS 3000W 4Tx16 (8.9 kV). capable of 535rpm at 60V motor

Charliebuilds

100 µW
I'm 13 and I'm building a gokart in my garage with my dad with a 60 volt 2000 watt motor with a 20 to 58 tooth sprockets and I was wondering after I finish that I want to go onto another project. My dad used to go on these threads a lot cus he built tons of super high powered E bikes and now I am on here wondering If anyone has any tips or ideas for building a dirt bike with a MXUS 3000W 4Tx16 (8.9 kV). capable of 535rpm at 60V motor. I know how to use and have access to a welder, tons of tools, and many lipo batteries. I want to build a surron type bike because the motor i have from my dad carried him 55 mph and i would like to build a full suspension dirtbike/surron. Any ideas?

If you don't want to weld up a new frame the first time out. You might try getting a decent BMX frame with suspension and building an extended rear arm for it with an appropriate shock.

This is one I built years ago with a crap walmart bike and a farfile rear arm. It was a 72V bike (when running the boost pack) with a 3 or 4 turn motor and went way too fast for what it was. Unsafe at any speed with those forks.

daves bike.png

Hey everyone I have another question. I am building a go-kart and I cant decide what motor I should use for it I would like it to be unreasonably powerful with support for regen braking. Also I have a tight budget because i'm 13 and would need it to be under 300-400 bucks. I would like a 72 volt motor with a unreasonable amount of kW anything more then 10 kW is a little to much. Anyone have any ideas?

Wow, imagine browsing the ES forum that you spent a former lifetime on but got pulled away from, and are looking now for technical advice on a go kart build with your son, and while researching, finding an interesting thread topic, and while reading you realize that your son wrote it... boom

Wow, imagine browsing the ES forum that you spent a former lifetime on but got pulled away from, and are looking now for technical advice on a go kart build with your son, and while researching, finding an interesting thread topic, and while reading you realize that your son wrote it... boom
Must be pretty proud.

Hey everyone I am almost done with the gokart just need to get the electronics installed and wire everything up. And now im wondering about my next project. I would like to get a little Razor mx650 or sf650 and upgrade it with the electron and co kit. I was wondering if anyone at all has used this kit.

If you don't want to weld up a new frame the first time out. You might try getting a decent BMX frame with suspension and building an extended rear arm for it with an appropriate shock.

This is one I built years ago with a crap walmart bike and a farfile rear arm. It was a 72V bike (when running the boost pack) with a 3 or 4 turn motor and went way too fast for what it was. Unsafe at any speed with those forks.

View attachment 341040

Those were some big holes in the side cover. Did you have issues with stuff getting in the motor like sand and grit etc.?

Hey everyone I am almost done with the gokart just need to get the electronics installed and wire everything up. And now im wondering about my next project. I would like to get a little Razor mx650 or sf650 and upgrade it with the electron and co kit. I was wondering if anyone at all has used this kit.

You haven’t showed us any pictures of the go kart. Let’s see it 👍

Those were some big holes in the side cover. Did you have issues with stuff getting in the motor like sand and grit etc.?
No I don't. Every once in a while I hose it down then ride it until it gets warmed up. I don't think it's possible to totally seal up a hub motor so the super large cooling holes keep condensation from building up. Never a sign of rust either. I don't ride in the sand or way offroad very often.

Please give any suggestions I want to use a 72 volt 35 amp batteries with regen and also use a disc brake and finally use pedals any suggestions are welcome.

Back