Quick question about LiFePo4 BMS

Taiden

1 W
Hi all,

Lets say you have a 16s10p battery pack. I believe the standard practice in this scenario is to use a 16s BMS. This should balance each parallel bank, I believe you guys refer to them as sub-groups.

Since these sub-groups are a set of 10 cells in parallel, I assume the cells would balance somewhat automatically. Is it necessary to disassemble the pack and test each cell individually, or is it very low maintenance?

Also, are there any USA stocked 16s BMS that are worth using?

Thanks
Luke

Long story short. You need to with good quailty cells or bettery for your ass to get up the small hill. 60Lb bike plus your 200lbs add up for a battery.
Just buy good battery to start, save money. Then try and make a battery when you have and money for that New hobby.
Get something rated for your needs to start and enjoy a ebike ride and save money these way. Clue.

Mostly, if you are assembling a battery, you want to do some battery testing before assembly. Once you weed out duds, then each 10P group will behave ok, and yes it will not need disassembly and further testing once you have started with a set of confirmed good cells.

Test capacity, or at the very least, internal resistance of the cells first.

OK. thank you for confirmation.

Anyone have experience with this BMS? http://www.ebay.com/itm/161276279069

Back