Quick question on hall wires

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
Im trying to match a controller and hub motor from 2 different companies. The hub motor has the standard 3 phase wires but 6 halls. Im trying to match up the correct combination. One the wires is white. It is the speed wire. So I guess I can eliminate it from the equation. The other color coated wires are red black green yellow and blue.
Sorry if its a stupid question but is is the red + and black - m? Didnt want to go mixing and matching those 2 wires. I only mixed and matched blue green and yellow.
Thanks!

Halls are "supposed to " match, color to color. 5 wires ones on mine are hall power (blk red) and blue yellow green,
but I think either some of those guys are either color blind or ... something
A tester is inexpensive and you save the money you would spend on beer and frustration.
It will speed up the sorting out of halls and controllers

Question: Bad Hall sensor: Can they show either Non cycling or Always on?
One is Off with tester, constant 5v input voltage on VOM .
The other 2 cycle with rotation of hub with both tester and VOM
I was not sure what type of dysfunction that hints at.

onemorejoltwarden said:
Halls are "supposed to " match, color to color.
In theory, perhaps, but nobody that builds controllers or motors cares what order anyone else uses, for either phase or hall wires, they use whatever they like. Some don't even use different colors, but use all the same color wire.

There is no standard.

Even black for ground and red for 5v are not 100% universal, but they are about the only ones you almost count on to match.

So only very rarely do you end up with a match of more than one, perhaps two if you're lucky, of the hall signal or phase wires.

Question: Bad Hall sensor:
If you read my reply to your question in the last thread you posted to a couple of days previous to your post above, it answers you. ;)

Back