• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Qulbix Raptor ebike + frame kit

sacko said:
I'm not even getting a reply :/

I emailed and had a fairly concise reply within 12hours.
Give them another go

Trackman417 said:
rp3 said:
Here's the updated battery layout. I really think you'd struggle to fit either of these 2 setups.
Yessir. Whenever anybody figures out a good setup for battery's they always forget about the harness and the wiring which requires them to change the setup. Is there any room on the sides for the wiring?

Yes this true. Got to account for the room for the leads and harness. Having ample room for this makes the battery build easier.

Rick

Maybe take one of this frame For my futur project!!!

Any updates from anybody on this frame? Or is it just vapor ware?

I'm considering this frame but I would like to see someone actually order one. I see no updates anywhere, not even on the website.

Trackman417 wrote:
rp3 wrote:
Here's the updated battery layout. I really think you'd struggle to fit either of these 2 setups.

Yessir. Whenever anybody figures out a good setup for battery's they always forget about the harness and the wiring which requires them to change the setup. Is there any room on the sides for the wiring?

Yes this true. Got to account for the room for the leads and harness. Having ample room for this makes the battery build easier.
+1
I planned for 12S2P but ended up 18S1P due to the wiring harness cannot fit the battery bag. :(

Very nice looking frame... May consider in my future build

I'd buy this frame if I wasn't heading off to collegein a month. Eh it can wait until maybe I'm in college.

Hi, Guys.

Here's a quick update:
(1) We upgraded Torque Raptor's swing arm with the following features:
- clamping type fixture gives you additional strength for high torque motors
- one swing arm for all dropouts! This swing arm has a 150 mm dropout. For motors with 135mm dropout you just install the spacers. This is a great advantage, because you can use the same frame with different motors. Spacers for 135 mm dropout motors are included in the kit together with spacers for disc brake caliper bracket.

dropout1_small.jpg

You'll find more pictures here and here.

(2) And we are also setting up PayPal payment option - please bear with us, it is taking forever, since the system is made for US bank network and we're located in EU.
We'll keep you posted.

I like these clamping torque arms and that you will keep it 150mm standard as most people always need more room.

You see, that is why I made that post pushing (complaining :D ) about the dropouts because clamping type are so important, especially if you use regen. Even without regen I have read posts where non-clamping torque arms will put little play in the axle and eventually snap the axle. If it doesn't snap it, the axle nut will probably eventually come loose.

Now the only big question is will 150mm wide dropouts allow a cromotor 2 with disc brakes? This will be the last thing I would need to know before buying this frame. I think most people who buy this will probably go with a cromotor 2?

fantastic updates to the swingarm. I think it will appeal to so many more buyers now.

One question regarding the original option of a pedal-less model. Do you have screw in adapters for footpegs where the pedals would go?

Thanks

Andy

QuestionMan said:
I like these clamping torque arms and that you will keep it 150mm standard as most people always need more room.
You see, that is why I made that post pushing (complaining :D ) about the dropouts because clamping type are so important, especially if you use regen. Even without regen I have read posts where non-clamping torque arms will put little play in the axle and eventually snap the axle. If it doesn't snap it, the axle nut will probably eventually come loose.
Now the only big question is will 150mm wide dropouts allow a cromotor 2 with disc brakes? This will be the last thing I would need to know before buying this frame. I think most people who buy this will probably go with a cromotor 2?

I think the Cro2 would fit just fine being the axle faces are 145mm. But the problem may arise with getting a rear brake to fit because there wouldnt be enough room to shim the rotor away from the hub shell for caliper clearance. Seems like thats what I heard and forget about using a Cog set (cluster).I can't remember who measured and broke down the dimensions of the Cro and mounting on the Bomber 162mm wide a while back and identified this issue. I could be way wrongwith the Cro option so please dont take what I just said as scripture. Another option would be the now available Crown which isn't as robust or a 54xx with the 150mm axle faces. I am really excited about the Torque Bikes Frame and cant wait to hear some reviews. Also the fact that Torque Bikes listened to some of the thread's commenters about the enclosed dropout mod says that they are sersious about being a player in the Ebike game which I applaud.

Rick

Rollodo said:
And the frame being that wide will allow for decent space between the legs for pedaling? I can't find the width of the Bomber frame - how do they compare?

The bomber I believe is 120mm wide. 40 mm difference is 1.57 inches.

Don't forget that 160mm wide is for lipos to fit sideways so you can fit a lot of batteries.

I would be interested to know how much stealth bomber riders actually pedal.

QuestionMan said:

Don't forget that 160mm wide is for lipos to fit sideways so you can fit a lot of batteries.

They must be building some quality muscle with either Fighter or the Bomber. The Raptor frame is only ~10 kg, plus another 10 kg or so for all the components (wheels, motor, fork, shock, etc), plus another 10-15 kg for the battery = 30-35 kg, should be on par with the Fighter and about half of the Bomber.

Rollodo said:
QuestionMan said:
They must be building some quality muscle with either Fighter or the Bomber. The Raptor frame is only ~10 kg, plus another 10 kg or so for all the components (wheels, motor, fork, shock, etc), plus another 10-15 kg for the battery = 30-35 kg, should be on par with the Fighter and about half of the Bomber.

Depends on components selected, but yah, if a guy ran a H40xx with 18s 16ah lipos on the Raptor, it would come in quite a bit lighter than a Bomber and maybe the Fighter. But run the mighty 54xx, the 5pound 18 fet controller, 24S 18Ah Lifepo4, and top shelf components, and it would probably only come in 5-8 pounds lighter than the Bomber because of the Vboxx. Like the Phasor, the Raptor can be built with lighter duty components and come in lighter, or heavy duty components and come in heavier. I do pedal mine alot for workout purposes. A 5mile ride on my Bomber with no power takes about 30 minutes and my legs are smoked. Then turn the key and problem solved. Anyway I am really excited to see the first Raptor Build. Torque Bikes is listening to input and is going to be a serous player in the DIY Ebike game.

Rix said:
Anyway I am really excited to see the first Raptor Build. Torque Bikes is listening to input and is going to be a serous player in the DIY Ebike game.
So I guess now it's either wait until Torque sets up Paypal account or some members pull the trigger on the bank transfer?

Rollodo said:
Rix said:
Anyway I am really excited to see the first Raptor Build. Torque Bikes is listening to input and is going to be a serous player in the DIY Ebike game.
So I guess now it's either wait until Torque sets up Paypal account or some members pull the trigger on the bank transfer?

Me too :mrgreen:

To Torque Bikes, can you provide an update on the PayPal account? Once you are able to accept PayPal, you are automatically (at least in my book) that much more of a credible seller than you were before. I, for one, am considering purchasing the Raptor Bicycle frame kit.

Hi,

I just ordered a bicycle frame kit in silver/black with 150mm Dropouts. I paid via bank-transfer. Torque told me they will need approx. 3 weeks to ship it to Germany. So lets see. I will Keep you posted.
Regards

Lars :)

Alright Lars, way to step up and jump in. :mrgreen: You going to have your own build thread for the Raptor? Know what you are running in it yet?

Rick

Just some relevant photos from their FB page (apologies if I missed them on the previous pages, but I didn't upload it to the ES, it's just a link, so it won't be eating up the server space for nothing in case they're duplicates):

998378_304018366400380_1908974829_n.jpg

5757_304018389733711_1659513697_n.jpg

996190_304018349733715_382857625_n.jpg

1017256_304018316400385_216820387_n.jpg

1001648_303945039741046_620531538_n.jpg

285658_254640061338211_44891914_n.jpg

625535_254639981338219_1716828675_n.jpg

581779_254640008004883_1015851772_n.jpg

526282_254639968004887_1097176505_n.jpg

Uschi K. said:
Hi,

I just ordered a bicycle frame kit in silver/black with 150mm Dropouts. I paid via bank-transfer. Torque told me they will need approx. 3 weeks to ship it to Germany. So lets see. I will Keep you posted.
Regards

Lars :)

Could you let us know what motor, batteries, fork, crank you want to install on the raptor?

Back