R Martin EVD Moped with HubMonster

I found a Zapino ZAP moped this past weekend for $50. When I saw it and realized I was looking at a hubmonster, I knew I HAD to buy this scooter! L0oking up the specs from Zapino, they rated it as 3kw. However it has the exact same controller, batteries and motor as the RMartin which is rated for 6kw. It's in pretty good condition despite having been in the weather for a year+. I don't have any pics with the RMartin and the ZAP side by side, but the motors are identical. The RMArtin has a low profile tire and a 12" rim and the ZAP has a 10" rim and a high profile tire. The outer diameters of the tires are the same.

Zapino%20ZAP%20scooter%201.jpg

Zapino%20ZAP%20scooter%202.jpg

Zapino%20ZAP%20scooter%203.jpg

Zapino%20ZAP%20scooter%204.jpg

nomogas said:
I just found 1 of these last night that hopefully I can get my hands on. Any updates on this?

This project got waaaay back-burnered. I wanted to start on this a looong time ago, but situations and what not have kept me from it.
I tend to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Those other projects have taken up more of my time than I expected or planned for and this scooter build has fallen back and back and back.

I think I'm finally getting close to doing more work here.

I hate old posts with dead pics. you can get them sometimes int the way back machine..

Back