Replacing a 110mm bottom bracket

I'm rebuilding this Blix Packa Genie:

2024-01-10 15.51.27.jpg

And getting the bottom bracket off required....a LOT of persuasion...

2024-02-13 15.55.22.jpg
The bottom bracket spindle is grinding louder than a pepper mill, so it definitely needs to be replaced (plus I dremeled off some of the spindle so I could get the removal tool over it...a mistake in hindsight, but you make poor decisions when you've been trying EVERYTHING to get that damn bb off after a few days).

I picked up an ERider torque sensing bottom bracket at 100mm. Well, that installed mostly fine but refused to give me signals to the CycleAnalyst. After a lot of futzing about, I took out the erider and found it worked just fine when off the bike.

Turns out the bottom bracket on this frame is 110mm. Which I confirmed when I bothered to read the one I yanked out:

2024-02-21 14.22.06.jpg
2024-02-21 14.22.20.jpg

The extra 10mm causes the internal sensor of the Erider to not align well enough to work. Damnit.

Now I need to get something that fits and I am having a significant problem sourcing a replacement.
  1. I've been directed to, potentially, using a 120mm bb and some spacers and hoping that works.
  2. I've also sent an email to the company begging if they have any spares or can connect me with whatever source distributor they used to see if I can get it directly (haven't heard back yet).
  3. A few folks also suggested I ditch the square-taper eco system entirely and swap over (video) to something like a fatbike hollowcore spindle.
  4. I have briefly entertained the idea of stripping the bike down and taking it to a machinist who could trim 5mm of each side
  5. There are no, as far as I can tell, torque sensing spindles that will work, alas.
#1 would proooobably work, if I can get the spacers right and find crank arms that make sense. I think this is a decent option, I just wish it was a month long shipping time from china (if you know a more local to California source, I'm all ears).

#2 I doubt this will be successful; Blix is very much one of those "basically just a drop shipper" type places, so I don't really expect them to have, or be willing to sell, individual parts.

#3 is interesting, but also means I have to get a different kind of bb cadence sensor and I also have *no idea* exactly what size I would need or how well it would fit. (I'd also need a new tool or two to install this kind of bb, it seems)

#4 would likely end up wrecking the frame/threads, throw off any crank spacing and just go wrong ten ways from sunday. Fun to think about, though.

Any sage advice or "google didn't find that" links to resources I might be missing?

It appears as though the axle may be offset which adds to the challenge. For me, torque sensors are overrated, and I would consider an RPM-based system. Sorry if that is unhelpful.

#2 I doubt this will be successful; Blix is very much one of those "basically just a drop shipper" type places, so I don't really expect them to have, or be willing to sell, individual parts.
To my un-ending surprise they not only have the part individually, but would sell to a second hand buyer. So I bought two! Problem solved, PHEW.

Back