Rewinding the qs 138 70h engine and replacing the magnets

Prestige

1 W
Hello, has anyone of you ever scrolled the qs 138 70h engine? I installed it yesterday and unfortunately it was defective because it burned out after 20km :-( I have a friend who rewinds engines and I want to regenerate him, I'm just wondering what winding to use to make it stronger and more efficient at high revs.I would also like to replace the magnets, but I don't know where I can get them.

Regards

Hello, has anyone of you ever scrolled the qs 138 70h engine?
What does "scrolled" mean in this context? I haven't heard of and couldn't find anything related to what I thought you were asking about, so before I answer anything in the post, this needs to be clarified to be sure of getting you the answers you need.

It's about replacing the copper in the engine with better quality and a larger number of wires, then the power and efficiency increase, because Chinese copper is not pure, it only has different additives.

How did you manage to burn the windings?
I've got one in a golf cart and it pulls 20kw peaks all day, even with a bunch of hill climbing and it never got hot.

I guess you will need to remove the stator from the shell to work on it.
As for the rotor you will have to ask SIA or QS to see if they'll sell you just the magnets or the whole rotor.

The magnets are fine, they attract very well. As for burning, there must have been some breakdown on the phases, maybe a factory error when winding copper, I don't know. Burning other engines, e.g. qs 205, k3 turbo, are very popular.

I didn't buy this engine used, not new :) also it could have been overheated once and it just burned up at my place.

It doesn't hurt to ask, at the very least you can find out how much just the stator costs.

Yes, of course, but my friend is already taking care of it, so I prefer to roll it on our Polish copper. Possibly magnets, but that's for sure after testing.

Back