Roadster E-Board Build (videos added 15/06/14)

I still haven't tried it out yet, had other things to fix so the only chance I've had to work on/test ride the board has been under 6s with my 150A Toro.

I believe beto_pty used an aircraft ESC on his 12s Destroyer build. As far as I know, the brakes on them are basically useless so he used a mechanical brake on his build.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=58504

I think if you want ESC braking then yes, you do have to use a car (or boat) ESC. The only reason I bought the FlyFun was so I could try out 9s :)

Finally got a chance to get a little bit of footage. Definitely some issues that need ironing out.

[youtube]SNt70MdUh0Q[/youtube]

The belt alignment isn't perfect. In the first clip, the grub screws had come loose so the motor was just spinning without turning the wheel - that got fixed.

The brakes seem pretty good, just need to work on the smoothness of acceleration.

There are some funny noises which I noticed on the video, not too sure what all that is down to really.

My dog broke her shoulder the other day (hit by a car) so I can't really leave the house for too long (hence video taken in the car park over the road). Once she is a bit better, I'll get a decent video somewhere nice :)

Haha yeah, gotta make the most of the summer in the UK!

I know it's not the nicest at all. I'm still to have a proper play with the ESC settings, don't think I have any timing adjustment but I can change the acceleration curve. Think I should have the curve start shallow or steep? :?

daverobson08 said:
Haha yeah, gotta make the most of the summer in the UK!

I know it's not the nicest at all. I'm still to have a proper play with the ESC settings, don't think I have any timing adjustment but I can change the acceleration curve. Think I should have the curve start shallow or steep? :?

Hard to tell. I'd say shallow makes for a smoother acceleration, but on the other hand, the more speed the motors have, the less cogging you will experience and steeper = faster earlier on. I did my settings by experimenting. That really helped me a lot, there was a huge difference in performance.

Btw, lovely build!

hey

dave, real nice build!!

got a qu regarding your motor mount.

do any of the screws come loose? more specifically the screw that connects the mount to trucks and the 2 screws that attach the 2 pieces of the mount together?

thanks

Back