Sabvoton 72150 phase testing, no combination works

What's hall test outcome when resistor added? That explains why results are different when measured with controller connected and making test with external power source.

Yeah, the halls seem to work fine.
Before I got round to unplugging them and adding a resistor, I tested them still plugged in to the old controller, they jump up to 5v just fine now.
Presumably I can use this signal to measure the hall angle and input that into the test, next time? Not sure if that will help?
I still haven't been able to establish whether the sabvoton can handle 60degrees.
I must admit, I haven't seen it advertised anywhere; it's always 120. QSmotor haven't replied to my email a week ago :(

Nice. Good news. Your halls are fine.

I also find 120 specified everywhere next to Sabvoton.

I don't know about determining hall angle in a motor. I would be interested to find out how to determine it. I mostly used qs hubs and sabvotons controllers therefore and never had a need to figure it out.

Usually qs reply unless they don't know what to reply, but this should be straight forward reply for them.
I remember sent them two emails, first about firmware and second regarding ordering a product. I got reply only to second.

I've some hub motor which has either 120 or 60, plus it's halls are cooked. hall signal wire shows the same feed voltage no matter at what position wheel is rotated. I feed 7v to red, and it shows 7v on yellow,green,blue, consecutively (measuring via 6Kohms so called pull transistor). So after or before hall replacement, I would be interested to find out what motor version I have 60/120.

For the sake of finishing this thread off.
I am up and running now. And flying! :)
The halls were fine, but the motor was a 60 degree which the Sab didn't like. I fixed that with a little phase wire switch that converts it to 120.
I'm now testing all the settings. Haven't managed to get the variable regen working yet (on a separate throttle) and the controller stops sometimes when I close the throttle. Just needs turning off and back on, but I need to get to the bottom of that.

How did you change from 60 to 120? I think I may be facing the same situation....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

darkmunk said:
For the sake of finishing this thread off.
I am up and running now. And flying! :)
The halls were fine, but the motor was a 60 degree which the Sab didn't like. I fixed that with a little phase wire switch that converts it to 120.
I'm now testing all the settings. Haven't managed to get the variable regen working yet (on a separate throttle) and the controller stops sometimes when I close the throttle. Just needs turning off and back on, but I need to get to the bottom of that.

Hey,
I'm glad that it's running for you !
i have the same problem and your topic helped me a lot to understand it.
Can you please share with us how did you do to switch it ?
Actually i've just finished trying to switch the middle hall electrically with a Not gate. the diagram is correct with the switching (you can find the diagram here : https://community.parker.com/technologies/electromechanical-group/w/electromechanical-knowledge-base/174/hall-sensors-60-vs-120degrees ) but it still giving error when doing the hall test :/
I gave up yesterday after all the attempts because i can't find the name of the material used to waterproof the motor when closing, so i can't just open it and turn the hall sensor upside down manually :/
Thanks for all ;)

HassanBa said:
Can you please share with us how did you do to switch it ?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106763

Sorry I missed your questions. I don't seem to be getting notifications.
Thanks Amberwolf. Specifically, this is the phase converting connector - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32796266176.html
Does anyone have a link to the latest PC software for the 72150 please? I need more than just the phone app, to sort out the regen.
All the links I can find are old software, or dead links :(
It's astonishng that so many places sell this controller but almost nobody provides a download to the vital software :roll:

darkmunk said:
It's astonishng that so many places sell this controller but almost nobody provides a download to the vital software :roll:

Keep in mind that "sabvoton" now is like "infineon" used to be--it's more or less just a type of controller now. It used to be a specific brand name and manufacturer, but they've been gone for years, and the name is now used for several different kinds of controllers that don't appear to be related, sold by a bunch of different places, but using the same brand / model names. The software from one doesn't necessarily work on the other, and there are also different versions even for the ones from the same company that aren't compatible with all the controllers. (for those versions that even actually work on a particular PC or phone).

So "sabvoton" controllers can be kind of a nightmare for some poeple. :(

darkmunk said:
Does anyone have a link to the latest PC software for the 72150 please? I need more than just the phone app, to sort out the regen.
All the links I can find are old software, or dead links :(

Hey again,
actually i've did manually the connector that you have bought and it dosen't work :( it's just a not gate to invert the signal from 0 to 1 logic and vice versa, which means 0-5V inverted between input and output.
I've read as well that sometimes to change from 60°to 120°, we have to invert the tow other halls while keeping the one in the middle. i'v not tried this yet but i'm thinking to give this last chance any way, i'm not sure about it actually :/

You can find the software in this link (http://www.sabvoton.net/static/upload/file/20191016/volume-en.zip)
if it's not working try this link and download the third one (http://www.sabvoton.net/downloadlist/)

Back