Sabvoton controller set up

Hi there I hope you can help I am building a ebike and am struggling with the set up I have a sabvoton controller 100a and a qs205 50h 5kw motor it’s all fitted together but I’m not sure on the programming on the controller I cannot get it to go over 40 mph!! Please help me I will attach some pictures of the current settings and hopefully someone can help with what I’m doing wrong

I am using the tft colour display and this should show the kw usage on the right hand side of the screen which isn’t being displayed there is just nothing there and a full red power ring which from my understanding should be bright blue like the rest of the numbers/display etc

IMG_7932.jpgIMG_7933.jpgIMG_7929.jpgIMG_7928.jpgIMG_7927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arno, I have no idea if it works but have you tried the app as well? I'm reading many people are configuring the controller by only using the app and connecting via bluetooth.

Hi

yes of course I can modify the controller via App and via computer.

But at this specific 72150 the dc current limit can not exceed 90A. If have other 72150 at which also 100A can be set. So I try to find a way how to get rid of this limit...

Thanks
Arno

Arno said:
But at this specific 72150 the dc current limit can not exceed 90A. If have other 72150 at which also 100A can be set. So I try to find a way how to get rid of this limit...

Thanks
Arno
BionicBlitz said:
thanks gave that a shot but when i change screens and it goes back to 100a (the stock limit) :/

did anyone find a solution to this? did the unlock several times, cutting power to controller in between but current limit reverts to default limit everytime.

No luck on my end. Even using this process the settings on my Sabvoton controller always revert back to the stock settings. I have tried the app, the PC software ,and the current unlocking version. but no dice. Very disappointed.

I was having this issue but I got the settings to save by clicking the toggle switch ( I think the switch is on the FUNCTION tab ) to enable, then clicking OK after entering each of my amp values.

Then at the end, on the debug tab / parameter store, I click on the red OK.

Then I plugged the two plugs back together (the ones you disconnect to use the bluetooth app) & also plug in the display screen & once again, click the red OK found on the debug tab.

After moving the toggle switch to 'enable' I can now change & save my amp values via the app on my phone. I could not do this before going through the above steps.

I have tried exactly what you said but still can't get settings to change. It just reverts back to 150 battery amps and 200 phase amps.

I'm sure there is a way if anyone knows please help.

I've tried everything

Hi,

I have the same issue with a new MQCON/Sabvoton 72150.

It was set to 150A DC current but I was experiencing some odd behaviour with manoeuvring so did a bluetooth "firmware update" and "reset" using the Apple App.

After that I couldn't set the DC current past 90A.

I have tried the "2018" MQCON software and "MQCON-current unlock.exe" method but that did nothing. It appears there is a later version of the unlock that allows you to enter the value rather than having the toggle switch but I have not found it yet. The Sabvoton download site ("http://www.sabvoton.net/downloadlist/") does not have and the ..
MQCON download page doesn't work either ("http://www.mqcon.com/menu/downloads.html") it links to the following URL "http://meiqu.fanyacdn.com/imglibs/files/volume-en.zip" which gives an expired domain error

Below are pics of the pages and process from it apparently

Catch9C5A.jpg
Catch392E.jpg
Catch9265.jpg
Catch5B28.jpg

I'm still trying to find the s/w. If anyone get's please post it.

Andy

I have downloaded the google drive folder mentioned before with no error, but I can´t find the programm "MQCON-current unlock.exe".
Should this be a separat program in the folder?

josephm15234 said:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-5fph-dcFoTE09kwI8wKYbXgV-61VyvB?usp=sharing

NOTE These setting shown are not my settings. These are the setting shown by default for the purpose of making this post. With the exception of setting current unlock. That setting is how I have it!

This is the link to the current unlock and the new updated software.

You will need to have the MQCON software installed in order to run the current unlock. If you already have it installed you shouldn't have to do steps 1 and 2. Just download the MQCON-current unlock.exe, run it, connect to your controller, click on Set! and then under the FUNC tab there's a toggle for current unlock. Set it to enable and click okay.

1) Download the folders. Google drive will say it detects a virus in a couple files and will not zip them. you'll need to locate it and download it individually and put them in its original location. The most import one is ni-usi1.cab and is required to install the MQCON software and is located in: \Sabvoton Controller Manual _ Software V1.1\Software\Volume\bin\p7
5DTNILz.png

2) After downloading the ni-usi1.cab file and placing it in the P7 folder, run the setup.exe located in: \Sabvoton Controller Manual _ Software V1.1\Software\Volume. Finish the install and restart your computer.

3) After doing so you'll be able to run the current unlock software. Run it and connect to your controller. Click on Set! and then under the FUNC tab there's a toggle for current unlock. Set it to enable and click okay
BmWQQh8.png

The updated software is what allowed me to use a second throttle as variable regen. It's located in Sabvoton Controller Manual & Software v1.1 > Software folder and is the MQCON V2.1 20180122 updated, temp sensor optional.exe. You will need to have the MQCON software installed in order to run it. Do so by following the previous steps for installing. (There is a 32 bit USB driver that google flags as a virus and doesn't download. Don't know how critical it is). In this newer software there's additional options that allowed me to set up my second throttle for variable regen. Your controller has to have this additional input though for it to work.
adiS3SW.png

There are some tricks to get it all set up and communicating properly that escape me as I set this up a while ago.

Just downloaded this and will try this tomorrow. Does anyone know if there’s any more recent updates?

dominik h said:
I have downloaded the google drive folder mentioned before with no error, but I can´t find the programm "MQCON-current unlock.exe".

I think you just run the most updated temperature sensor optionV2.1 under the software folder but after you have your controller connected to the MQCON program. Not sure yet I will test tomorrow

Yeah same here it doesn’t work for me either. It’s missing the current unlock.EXE file.
This download basically just offers multiple programs to edit the software but no current unlock option.

Has anyone had success with unlocking Sabvoton or clone controllers?

Eastwood said:
Yeah same here it doesn’t work for me either. It’s missing the current unlock.EXE file.
This download basically just offers multiple programs to edit the software but no current unlock option.

Has anyone had success with unlocking Sabvoton or clone controllers?

I'm in the same boat. I've searched through every file in every link I can find. I've unzipped files and looked in every folder and subfolder. Can't find any file with "unlock" anywhere in it.
Can someone PLEASE copy just that particular file and create a link for it?
Thanks in advance!

josephm15234 said:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-5fph-dcFoTE09kwI8wKYbXgV-61VyvB?usp=sharing

NOTE These setting shown are not my settings. These are the setting shown by default for the purpose of making this post. With the exception of setting current unlock. That setting is how I have it!

This is the link to the current unlock and the new updated software.

You will need to have the MQCON software installed in order to run the current unlock. If you already have it installed you shouldn't have to do steps 1 and 2. Just download the MQCON-current unlock.exe, run it, connect to your controller, click on Set! and then under the FUNC tab there's a toggle for current unlock. Set it to enable and click okay.

1) Download the folders. Google drive will say it detects a virus in a couple files and will not zip them. you'll need to locate it and download it individually and put them in its original location. The most import one is ni-usi1.cab and is required to install the MQCON software and is located in: \Sabvoton Controller Manual _ Software V1.1\Software\Volume\bin\p7
5DTNILz.png

2) After downloading the ni-usi1.cab file and placing it in the P7 folder, run the setup.exe located in: \Sabvoton Controller Manual _ Software V1.1\Software\Volume. Finish the install and restart your computer.

3) After doing so you'll be able to run the current unlock software. Run it and connect to your controller. Click on Set! and then under the FUNC tab there's a toggle for current unlock. Set it to enable and click okay
BmWQQh8.png

The updated software is what allowed me to use a second throttle as variable regen. It's located in Sabvoton Controller Manual & Software v1.1 > Software folder and is the MQCON V2.1 20180122 updated, temp sensor optional.exe. You will need to have the MQCON software installed in order to run it. Do so by following the previous steps for installing. (There is a 32 bit USB driver that google flags as a virus and doesn't download. Don't know how critical it is). In this newer software there's additional options that allowed me to set up my second throttle for variable regen. Your controller has to have this additional input though for it to work.
adiS3SW.png

There are some tricks to get it all set up and communicating properly that escape me as I set this up a while ago.

Hello josephm15234, first of all I wanted to thank you for the explanation regarding how to unlock the controller, I tell you to try to follow the information according to your explanation but I have a question about how to proceed in step 2, because I do not know What to do with the information that is in the folder you mention, on the other hand you also refer to the unlocked software, but it is not in the google drive, but I had it downloaded from another place, however it did not work for me to unlock the controller. Do you happen to have a video with the methodology to follow? :?:

In case these steps do not work that another alternative could follow, I am attentive to your answer, thank you very much. :bigthumb: :bolt:

PS: I am not very expert in English so help me from the translator, sorry :roll:

dominik h said:

I still haven't found the current unlock software.

Hi Folks,
Same for me too - I downloaded the google drive shared folders (thank you Josephm) but the MQCON-current unlock.exe is not there.

I assume it's been deleted(?)

I'm looking to unlock my 72100 to 72150-ish if at all possible?

Cheers,
Myles

Stealth Bomber 15kW rear hub with 2.4kW/hr battery pack.

Tried the unlock software with my SVMC72150 should be manufactured in 2020.
Software connects to the controller, shows battery voltage and throttle voltage an everything else.
It also shows the "magic" toggle switch for current unlock disabled / enabled.
After pressing ok for enabeld and saving the changes to the controller, it still stays locked.
Should the PC software tell me after saving "OK" or "done" or something else?
The bluetooth android software does show "done" after saving changes.

I tried it a few times but it still stays locked.
Any idea what I´m doing wrong?

If I stay under the limits of my SVMC72150 the unlock software saves the changes, if I try higher values they are set back to the normal limits, the position of the unlock toggle makes no difference.

Does it work with older Controllers?

I have experienced excellent performance with my Sabvoton/MQcon 72100. 14s 6p 21700 4000mah cells. 24ah battery. 60 amp continuous, 72 amp boost, qs 3t gets me 50 mph.

Sharing information by computer/ social media is challenging for me but I am sure I would be able upon request. Screenshots of the app, settings, and such that are currently working (2 seasons 2000 miles) on "the fastest bike in Butler Pa." are available.

I used the app for setup. No help here with the personal computer. Don't own one.

Factory reset could be a place to start. Try turning it off and back on again.😉

SAVING CHANGES once made is key. Maybe this is obvious. The settings will default unless you push that special button after changing a setting.

When i connected my controller to the Bluetooth app i didn't see any readings of my voltage or controller temp, there were no values for me to use and the hall test did not work.

siji.oyenekan said:
When i connected my controller to the Bluetooth app i didn't see any readings of my voltage or controller temp, there were no values for me to use and the hall test did not work.

Need more info! what does your voltage and controller temp have anything to do with the hall test?

Edit: and why is this in the build section?

I have tried it with two different 72150 and was also not able to unlock them. Seems to me that they need a different Firmware

Back