Salsa Mukluk SUS GX1 conversion

batoguf

1 µW
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and very inexperienced with ebikes so apology if I'm asking too specific of a question and/or an obvious one.

I found a 2016 Salsa Mukluk SUS GX1 fat bike (new in box) to buy which I would then try and convert it to an ebike but the
info out there is confusing, at least to me.

I'm thinking of adding the Bafang BBSHD 1000w motor or the newer version, the M625.

I've read the specs for the 2016 Salsa Mukluk SUS GX1 and the BB seems to be a Pressfit 41 x 121mm.
But the specs on the BBSHD 1000w motor appears to be designed to fit a standard threaded bottom bracket.

therefore my questions:
1. Is this conversion possible at all?
2. If so, what other extras would I need to purchase to make the BBSHD 1000w motor fit on this fat bike?
3. Should I order the 100mm or the 120mm version of the BBSHD motor?
4. Do I need the Luna Cycle PF41 BB adapter for the BBSHD motor?

Would appreciate and y advise on this. Thanks, enrico

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and very inexperienced with ebikes so apology if I'm asking too specific of a question and/or an obvious one.

I found a 2016 Salsa Mukluk SUS GX1 fat bike (new in box) to buy which I would then try and convert it to an ebike but the info out there is confusing, at least to me.

I'm thinking of adding the Bafang BBSHD 1000w motor or the newer version, the M625.

I've read the specs for the 2016 Salsa Mukluk SUS GX1 and the BB seems to be a Pressfit 41 x 121mm.
But the specs on the BBSHD 1000w motor appears to be designed to fit a standard threaded bottom bracket.

therefore my questions:
  • Is this conversion possible at all?
  • If so, what other extras would I need to purchase to make the BBSHD 1000w motor fit on this fat bike?
  • Should I order the 100mm or the 120mm version of the BBSHD motor?
  • Do I need the Luna Cycle PF41 BB adapter for the BBSHD motor?

Would appreciate and y advise on this.

Thanks.

I moved your post into the previous thread for this exact same post, and merged your old account into your new one and disabled the old one. Please don't create new accounts, and don't create new threads for the same thing; please use your original thread.

batoguf said:

therefore my questions:
  • Is this conversion possible at all?
  • If so, what other extras would I need to purchase to make the BBSHD 1000w motor fit on this fat bike?
  • Should I order the 100mm or the 120mm version of the BBSHD motor?
  • Do I need the Luna Cycle PF41 BB adapter for the BBSHD motor?
I don't know all the details for sure, but it is very likely that it would work, as long as the motor will clear the frame (some frames are oddly shaped around the BB and make this difficult).

You will need a BB shaft length version long enough to match the one you already have, or else your pedals wont' clear the frame and/or the chainline won't match up with your rear wheel / clear the tire.

If the chainline doesn't clear the tire, or doesn't line up with the (middle of the) rear sprocket(s), you may need an offset chainring for the cranks that has the right spacing to cause this to happen.

You will need an adapter (probably that one, but I don't know for sure) to make the standard BB fit into the PF frame.

If the PF BB requires tools to remove or install (I haven't dealt with one yet) you'll also need those tools, unless you have a bike shop near you that does this work.

You may also wish to look at this thread:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96334&p=1410977&hilit=mukluk#p1410977

Back