Second torque arm assembly?

Big Tom

10 W
I am looking for information on adding a second torque arm onto an eZee front hub motor.
eZee Front CA3 Kit
I am not sure the people at ebikes.ca understand that I am wanting to add a second torque arm to the hub motor. I asked if one torque arm could be added (on side of sensor cables) before shipping (before assembly). They tell me that nothing needs to be done to add the torque arm.

I can't see a torque arm fitting over the "sensor cable" ends to be able to fit on the motor axle.
V6 Universal Hoseclamp Torque Arm

Can anyone give me any idea how to go about installing a torque arm on the above motor. How to fit the torque arm onto the axle. Do I have to unassembled the wires, splice wires to fit or is there another way to do it.

Tom

Two paths:

- cut the wires and re-assemble.
- remove metal from the torque arm!

Two paths:

- cut the wires and re-assemble.
- remove metal from the torque arm!
I would prefer to not cut the wires and re-assemble (soldier and heat shrink) but it might be necessary. I imagine your suggestion to "remove metal from the torque arm " is to cut a grove to slide over the axle. If this is done, how much would it effect the ability of the torque arm to function properly.

Thanks, Tom

I think with the torque arm you're talking about it could have a larger effect on weakening the torque arm than if you cut, say, a torque arm v2:

Torque Arms - Grin Products - Product Info
I believe the V2 torque arm uses a fender bolt hole (to secure). My front forks will be "Spinner 300" which has no fender bolt hole.

With the V6, after your suggestion, I was thinking if I alternated the groove in the insert and the arm (then assemble the arm and insert, groove facing different direction) it might lessen the effect of weakening the arm in it's ability in spreading. But I am still worried of it spreading, therefore failing. But I will have two torque arms.

Tom

Look at the page, there's others that could work.
The older types that don't have a zigzag circle insert should have more meat on them and therefore be more tolerant to weakening.

If you go the cut route, consider you have 1.5 torque arms :)

Also you can dial down the initial kick from the motor by using a lower phase amp to battery amp ratio than stock. This will lower the torque at low RPM, which is good. Find out how low you can tolerate!

Back