Serengeti Panther Scooter Won't Run

onyxibex said:
I was hoping someone could help because my controller doesn't seem to match any of the wiring charts I could find online (including the ones on your linked page, albeit a good source!). My controller looks like it is the same one that aelb771 posted pictures of earlier in this thread. I am having trouble deciphering which line is which though based on the PCB markings. I have added an image below showing the unidentified wires coming out of my controller still. Any help would be appreciated! In the meantime I will of course continue investigating online...

20160313_215637-e1457925135134.png

Hi,

I'm not absolutely sure since I don't see all the cables and I don't know what are the features of your bike, but here is what I believe it could be:

The red/black wires are most likely to be for the 48/12V transformer. I'm not sure if you connected it already since we only see part of the cables from your picture.

The purple one is likely to be the speed signal

The purple/gree/yellow seems to be the one for the dashboard, but it could also be the lights, so I'm not sure. One of them seems to be missing either way...

The little blue cable could be the test cable I was speaking about, or the "smooth start" cable. Some controlers have this smooth start cable option.

The grey ones are probably the brake signals, but they could also be the orange ones, so you'll have to check by yourself, which is pretty easy doing continuity tests with your multimeter.

Those are just suggestions, controllers vary quite a bit from a manufacturer to another, so you better do continuity tests if you're not sure about what you're doing: just plug one side of the cable of your harness to your multimeter, set it up to continuity test and plug the multimeter at where you suppose the cable goes, it the multimeter beeps then it means that you've found your cable :)

Attachments

• Untitledee.png
    Untitledee.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 890
So who can tell if this is a sine wave controller or not? If only I could read that dang number, but it's not so clear when I enlarge it. The search for An Jiu brought me something I can't really compare to yours because I can't see all the plugs. What do you think?

You use anything and everything you find on that controller to search for ESPECIALLY numbers.

Serengeti.jpg

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/5497634781.html

So don't it look wonderful just sitting there unused. But I'm betting he hasn't used the batteries enough to trigger the troubles and it'll be dead in a week if it's someone's daily rider. It was clearance priced at $700, he's imagining getting about all his money back. Battery replacement is probably about as much as he's asking, when you build it up yourself.

Still, I wish I could find a dead one to sort out the situation.

Dauntless, I have acquired the Panther e scooter from a friend 2 weeks ago and took some time to study it's electrical components. I repaired the ignition wiring which was at fault and now it works well.
Let me know if you have any questions if you're still struggling with yours (though your last post was in April).
Happy holidays!

Back