Solar MPPT Charging Lithium Ion - Bulk, Absorb & Float Voltage Settings

This seems like it should be an easier to find an answer to question. I have a SE MPPT and I just want to set it up for Lithium Ion. There is no default option so I'm needing to set it up as a custom battery type. What values should I use per cell for the Bulk, Absorb & Float?

This seems like it should be an easier to find an answer to question. I have a SE MPPT and I just want to set it up for Lithium Ion. There is no default option so I'm needing to set it up as a custom battery type. What values should I use per cell for the Bulk, Absorb & Float?
All should be max charge voltage, usually 4.15 or 4.2VPC.

You might want to clarify exactly what lithium chemistry you actually are using ?
PS…Lithium should not have a “float” voltage !
They are LG MH1 cells. 4.2V per cell sounds like the number for Bulk and Absob. Then changing the Float to be a lower voltage so it essentially turns off. Not sure how much lower though.

Does it have a diode on its' output to prevent current flow from the battery back into the MPPT? If it doesn't, you don't want to set later charging stages to lower voltages than earlier ones or you will drain the battery pack back down to that voltage.

Back