Some thoughts on the future of automotive EVs

I really wanted an electric car, but I just couldn't do it at this point. They are all too expensive and drop too quickly in value.
Then why not buy one of those cheap second hand EVs?

Same. I don't even rinse it off. Rain does that for me. Running for ~15 years now.
I am gonna have to take that as proof you don't live in Cali... Honestly I am surprised that Perth has that much rain... Isn't it like a second hand product from NSW?

We simply don't lose that much production from dust in the summer.
..again you are fortunate Jack.
most of out here in the rest of the world have to deal with dust, leaves, pollen, bird droppings, etc that reek havock on the output of a series string inverter set up if not cleaned off !

most of out here in the rest of the world have to deal with dust, leaves, pollen, bird droppings, etc that reek havock on the output of a series string inverter set up if not cleaned off !
Not a problem when ground mounted. Not washed these in 5 yrs... except for an occasional bird deposit. I usually leave a 'snow shelf' directly below the panels... to snag a little extra watt boost from it.

solar.jpg

At the end of a Perth summer there's a bit of dust, but not so much that it impacts output. First rains wash them well.

Back