Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

o00scorpion00o said:
speedict said:
Mudduck said:
Speedict anything in the works?

?

He means do you have any new product in production or design! :D

By the way Danny thanks for the info and quick replies, I think your product is excellent!

He's constantly working on the firmware and software. This hardware is so versatile, it will take us far if he continues development and support.

Just got my Speedict in the mail last night in LA (4/5/2012) after ordering on (4/2/2012 at night) (EMS shipping). wow that was fast!!

I have to say that I am impressed with the materials used and supplied. Anyone with doubts about the quality of this device, rest assured that this is not just some cheap POS that was slapped together.

The power wires have a very soft silicone jacket covering fine stranded (tinned?) copper. And the throttle cables that I ordered included the proper connectors to make quick connections. Everything is protected with a jacket and clean and durable looking heat shrink.

Disappointed that the drivers are not x64 compatible, but I can borrow the wife's netbook at a later time. I decided to just hook it up to the battery and pair with my phone. VERY EASY just remember pin = 00000 and to set your device to discoverable while searching for "ebike" (at least that's how my MT4G v2.3.4 - Sense 3.0 wanted to)

I haven't had a chance to install the bike hardware and take a test run yet, but that's what the weekend's for :D

cal3thousand said:
Just got my Speedict in the mail last night in LA (4/5/2012) after ordering on (4/2/2012 at night) (EMS shipping). wow that was fast!!

I have to say that I am impressed with the materials used and supplied. Anyone with doubts about the quality of this device, rest assured that this is not just some cheap POS that was slapped together.

The power wires have a very soft silicone jacket covering fine stranded (tinned?) copper. And the throttle cables that I ordered included the proper connectors to make quick connections. Everything is protected with a jacket and clean and durable looking heat shrink.

Disappointed that the drivers are not x64 compatible, but I can borrow the wife's netbook at a later time. I decided to just hook it up to the battery and pair with my phone. VERY EASY just remember pin = 00000 and to set your device to discoverable while searching for "ebike" (at least that's how my MT4G v2.3.4 - Sense 3.0 wanted to)

I haven't had a chance to install the bike hardware and take a test run yet, but that's what the weekend's for :D

good luck, if you have time please take a look of the quick start guide for your first live data display on your android, then download the Android client 2 user guide (sorry it is 66 pages) for firmware 2.3 features, your speedict ebike is per-installed with firmware 2.3 already so you don't need to worry about firmware upgrade.

I bored out the hole on the magnet to fit my rear spokes with a hand drill, but I can't get a speed reading.

How close does the magnet need to be? And can I just put a larger rare earth magnet on it?

cal3thousand said:
I bored out the hole on the magnet to fit my rear spokes with a hand drill, but I can't get a speed reading.

How close does the magnet need to be? And can I just put a larger rare earth magnet on it?

I had the same issue. Started working randomly after trying a few times.

Sent using the might of the Android Army!

cal3thousand said:

The distance between sensor and magnet should be ~ 10mm, so you can't get close enough yes you may need stronger magnet ! I will upload the picture of stronger magnet here.

cal3thousand said:

This one has stronger magnetic and its hole is bigger, good for 3.5mm spoke !

Any word on stand alone or packaged android devices to go with these speedict ?
Or are you going to leave it to the end user to source a suitable device or use their existing phone ?
I'm thinking of getting one for my next project and the cheapest phone I've seen is $69

Hyena said:
Any word on stand alone or packaged android devices to go with these speedict ?
Or are you going to leave it to the end user to source a suitable device or use their existing phone ?
I'm thinking of getting one for my next project and the cheapest phone I've seen is $69

Theoretically all android device with bluetooth feature is supported, speedict ebike is just like a bluetooth earpiece or any other bluetooth device.

i use samsung i5700, some user even on QVGA display.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-10 at 11.03.20 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-04-10 at 11.03.20 AM.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,804
Cool, I was looking at the
huawei u8300. Should look good on the top bar of my custom frame :)

ff8931d421-1024x768-450x450.jpg

If you wanted to add more gimmicky features you could you program a security feature in the firmware where you have to enter a PIN or password to enable power to the controller / throttle signal :)

Hyena said:
Cool, I was looking at the
huawei u8300. Should look good on the top bar of my custom frame :)

ff8931d421-1024x768-450x450.jpg

If you wanted to add more gimmicky features you could you program a security feature in the firmware where you have to enter a PIN or password to enable power to the controller / throttle signal :)

PIN password for device enable ? yes we did but on OEM product, actually we don't think PIN lock is necessary on speedict ebike but we would add this features on our speed controller project.

What can you tell us about the controller?

Volts?
Amps?
Features?
ETA?
Price?

I assume it is a new model compared to the sold out model on the website: http://www.raczing.com/

- Adrian

speedict said:
actually we don't think PIN lock is necessary on speedict ebike but we would add this features on our speed controller project.
Doesn't really matter where you implement it I suppose - he who controls the power and throttle signal controls the bike :)

adrian_sm said:
+1
Something like the linked above that can take 18-24S would be niiiiice

adrian_sm said:

Volts?
Amps?
Features?
ETA?
Price?

I assume it is a new model compared to the sold out model on the website: http://www.raczing.com/

- Adrian

Volts = up to 80v
Amps = 6 x 4110
Features = speedict ebike 2.3 or above + sensorless (for rc motor)
ETA = summer
Price = us$ 100 - 300 (3 different model) e.g. wireless or wired android client support

cal3thousand said:

I had the same problem: I couldn't get the magnet close enought to the sensor, so I got a little disc neodymium magnet, which is much stronger and stuck it on top of the original one - didn't need glue because of the strong magnetism held it. You can get the magnets on ebay for a few cents each. It's worth getting a few because they have loads of uses.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-10x2mm-Disc-Neodymium-Strong-Magnets-N35-Space-Marines-fridge-/270953237734?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f16124ce6

d8veh said:
cal3thousand said:

I had the same problem: I couldn't get the magnet close enought to the sensor, so I got a little disc neodymium magnet, which is much stronger and stuck it on top of the original one - didn't need glue because of the strong magnetism held it. You can get the magnets on ebay for a few cents each. It's worth getting a few because they have loads of uses.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-10x2mm-Disc-Neodymium-Strong-Magnets-N35-Space-Marines-fridge-/270953237734?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f16124ce6

hi, can you show me your magnet installation ?

speedict said:
The magnet is 12mm x 1mm Neodymium,

The gap between the top of the magnet and the sensor is approximately 10mm. A thicker magnet (2mm) will give more flux, so would allow a bigger gap.

I added the spacer behind the sensor before fitting the extra magnet and it wasn't enough, so I don't know the maximum gap I can have with this magnet.

P1000021.jpg

d8veh said:
speedict said:
The magnet is 12mm x 1mm Neodymium,

The gap between the top of the magnet and the sensor is approximately 10mm. A thicker magnet (2mm) will give more flux, so would allow a bigger gap.

I added the spacer behind the sensor before fitting the extra magnet and it wasn't enough, so I don't know the maximum gap I can have with this magnet.

P1000021.jpg

good work !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-12 at 12.16.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-12 at 12.16.12 PM.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,689
speedict said:
or PANIC BUTTON ? whenever you need Speed Limit, press the button immediately return to EU Compliance !
I thought the panic button was throwing the phone over your shoulder - should be out of bluetooth range within seconds :lol:

Back