Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Hi Danny
Would love to have more info on the Speedict log server?
Its operation
How many Hours do I wait for downloads
Why does it not show South of the equator
Why my Speedict when I first got it showed the correct voltage (e.g. 50 V) now shows 0.5 V

Chinese new year folks. They are still in business. I am waiting on one to ship out and won't ship till the 15th or 16th. I'd never heard of them having a 2 week long holiday. Love the spedict.

ecologymagnet said:
Are running the server correctly? Because all data shows me are erroneous and it doesn´t show me the map, is the first time I use it.

In the csv the data are OK.

new Android client update this morning fix the GPS data issues, it was caused by some non-english Android use "," as decimal point !

speedict said:
ecologymagnet said:
Are running the server correctly? Because all data shows me are erroneous and it doesn´t show me the map, is the first time I use it.

new Android client update this morning fix the GPS data issues, it was caused by some non-english Android use "," as decimal point !

Yes, I used an android without English, I upgraded to version 1.1.12, but the GPS data in CSV still coming out randomly in + and - in many cases showing me in the antipodes.

Now with version 1.1.12 if I upload the data to the server, the application was closing, with the 1.1.11 did not.

I tried both Spanish and English on Android, also reinstalled the App.

ecologymagnet said:
speedict said:
ecologymagnet said:

Yes, I used an android without English, I upgraded to version 1.1.12, but the GPS data in CSV still coming out randomly in + and - in many cases showing me in the antipodes.

Now with version 1.1.12 if I upload the data to the server, the application was closing, with the 1.1.11 did not.

I tried both Spanish and English on Android, also reinstalled the App.

send ur CSV to support@speedict.com

More info:

I tried 1.1.1 now with English keyboard and the data is displayed properly in web server (except GPS with + or - ramdon in phone and tablet in CSV and problem in Webserver)

When 1.1.1 and spanish keyboard the data is mixed in web server, volts in watts, etc... (and also GPS with + or - ramdon in phone and tablet in CSV and problem in Webserver)

With 1.1.2 the data isn´t displayed properly in Spanish or English because in phone the app crash when I go to upload the data to Server and in Tablet does not get the 3 points button for options and not allowed to do anything because of it.

Problem Phone 1.1.2 when I upload the data to web server.

ml89hUl.png

Problem Tablet 1.1.2

AGZmnWK.png

ecologymagnet said:
With 1.1.2 the data isn´t displayed properly in Spanish or English because in phone the app crash when I go to upload the data to Server and in Tablet does not get the 3 points button for options and not allowed to do anything because of it.

yes, it was caused by we upgraded the Android SDK after holiday, it may affected some handset may disappear this menu bar item, fix later today.

speedict said:
ecologymagnet said:
And if I don´t activate the map view, the GPS data aren´t logged, it would be interesting to have the option to log them anyway.

Thank you.

no, as long as Android is connected and handset's GPS is turned on, it will automatically log with GPS data.

Yes, today i have logged the GPS data but with + and - random.

I have found new problems with 1.1.2, I think.

When it reaches 1530-1550 records or 25 minutes stops the logging of data.
Sometimes it freeze some data in Liveview.

Summary of problems:

1.1.1:

Problems uploading data to the cloud, are misplaced (volts in watts, etc...) in non English Android.
+ and - random in GPS data.

Missing options button with 3 points.
The application closes when upload data to the cloud.
+ and - random in GPS data.
When it reaches 1530-1550 records or 25 minutes stops the logging of data.
Sometimes it freeze some data in Liveview.

Thank you for your work.

I cant use it in any of my two tablets :?

They dont have central botton and the 3 point option from the screen has dissapear.

When is going to be fix?

Danny, I just purchased a speedict and I am starting with basic monitoring before I move on to throttle overrides. Right now I am having an issue with the speed/distance reporting. I left my old bike computer on the front wheel so I could compare data. I added the Speedict sensor to the rear wheel. I have the magnet about 2-4cm away from the sensor same as my front wheel. I've done a few test rides to my fitness gym that is exactly 1.65 miles away from my house. Google maps says it is 1.7miles away from my house. My bike sensor seems to work fine as it has for over 1yr now. The speedict sensor has been calibrated using the standard 26" x 1.95" tire distance (2050mm) and a measured rollout tire distance (2040mm). Niether one of those methods gave me accurate results. I kept getting 1.25-1.3 miles on my trip to the gym. I did some math based on the inaccuracy factor and I came up with a tire size of 2500mm. This setting gave me higher MPH readings but the distance was still inaccurate (1.5 miles). My question is could this be a software bug or a user error. Do you have a document that shows how to install your speed sensor properly?

Also, is the speed average calculated by the distance/time? I ask because my average speed is always too low compared to my bike computer's accurate measurements. Thanks for your help in advance.

elpq35 said:
Danny, I just purchased a speedict and I am starting with basic monitoring before I move on to throttle overrides. Right now I am having an issue with the speed/distance reporting. I left my old bike computer on the front wheel so I could compare data. I added the Speedict sensor to the rear wheel. I have the magnet about 2-4cm away from the sensor same as my front wheel. I've done a few test rides to my fitness gym that is exactly 1.65 miles away from my house. Google maps says it is 1.7miles away from my house. My bike sensor seems to work fine as it has for over 1yr now. The speedict sensor has been calibrated using the standard 26" x 1.95" tire distance (2050mm) and a measured rollout tire distance (2040mm). Niether one of those methods gave me accurate results. I kept getting 1.25-1.3 miles on my trip to the gym. I did some math based on the inaccuracy factor and I came up with a tire size of 2500mm. This setting gave me higher MPH readings but the distance was still inaccurate (1.5 miles). My question is could this be a software bug or a user error. Do you have a document that shows how to install your speed sensor properly?

Also, is the speed average calculated by the distance/time? I ask because my average speed is always too low compared to my bike computer's accurate measurements. Thanks for your help in advance.

hi, could you please use the attached our apk which is upgraded to google maps android latest version, you can use this to compare gps and sensor speed ...

1. turn on your gps and let it locked, then ride to the gym
2. send the trip csv to us or upload to the internet, we can compare to the gps speed data

Attachments

• mercury 1.1.3 beta.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 55
Back