Standard of rims for motor- Info gather - EV ASSEMBLE

eva-michael

100 W
Hi,
Our company are planning to arrange the rims for ebike motor.
To make sure rims suit our customers' quality demand, we will like to know what kind of standard of rims will be prefered by US and Europe customers.
Pleaes provide your advice of standard of rims which people will like to use.
1) Rims sizes 16' 20' 24' 26'. Please advise which sizes are preferred. We will try to have them ready and install in the motor.
2) Rim struture of rim, there are different strutures of rim, please advise which struture of rim are nice and preferred. Please try to post a photo.
3) The motor is sliver color, What color you will prefer rims will be?
2) Spoke, what type of spoke are generally use in US and Europe?

With your precious advice, we can try to arrange our conversion kits in better standard.

P.S. If you have any opinions about new parts we should offer in our shop which will provide more conveniene to everyone. Please feel free to advise. I will report to our company.

Thanks and wish everyone a nice day. :)

To compete in the USA, you'd need to at least match the standards of best dealers here. So no super cheap single wall rims. Black seems popular these days. 24" is pretty rare, so make that size a special order.

Agreed with Dogman; make the structure double-walled.

Spokes: 36 hole is most common for hub motors. I used Sapim Strong Single Butted on mine. Nipples were standard brass.

Width: Wider is better. Presently I have two types in use: Mavic ES 729 Disc, and the Kris Holm 24" MtB. After recent testing both IMO are flawed.
The Mavvic is 36mm wide and with a large 2.5" wide Hookworm tire mounted the rim appears to be "narrow", and allows for side-to-side tire deflection which can add instability to the ride under high load. In constract, the Kris Holm rim is wide enough, however in an effort to lighten the rim, they added holes which presents a new problem because the custom rim tape is too thin to prevent the sharp edges from cutting the tube. Therefore I would suggest making a wide rim and have the option to have holes or not.

Strength: There should be two classes offered; lightweight for bicycles electrified, and middle-weight DOT-rated for Moped-class/Light motorcycle.

Color: Black paint or polished Aluminum.

Braking style: Make them dual-use and be done with it; both disc and rim. The side wall will add crucial strength.

Construction: Welded is IMO better than pinned. Dimpled is preferred to reduce risk of inside-rim punctures.

Balance: We should be able to balance the wheel. For bicycles this presents a problem, though less so with higher-quality motorcycle rims and tires.

Rim Tape: Offer a solidly-constructed rim tape that is tough, durable, and waterproof. For my money neoprene rubber works pretty well if you can find it.

Get this sorted and iI will gladly demo for my next build 8)

Best regards, KF

Sorry for late checking thread.. longtime not be here.
Thanks for information of Dogman and Kingfish. These info are really help us to make a good kit. Thanks and I will feedback the information to our company and ask our purchaser to find out the suitable one! :D
Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Michael

Back