Sunthing 36v20ah arrived with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

allroads

100 mW
It was well packaged with lots of bubble wrap. So far so good holds a decent charge. But I suspect my charger has crapped out.
Shipped to Canada, he wrote on customs label, bike parts and I didn't have to pay any GST or duties.

sunthing.jpg

sunthing-001.jpg

sunthing-002.jpg

sunthing-003.jpg

sunthing-004.jpg

i am sure we can fix the charger, but in the meanwhile see if he will replace the charger for you.

open it up and take pictures, but first you should plug it in so there is a picture of it dead for him, then when you open the charger, the ICL will be in pieces so he will or should accept that picture instead of returning the charger.

so when you fix this charger, then you will have two.

i can sell you two of the big 6.3A ICLs for $3 delivered by mail.

It lights up. There are two diodes, one red and one green. When plugged into dead battery it should read yellow and once charged it will turn green. But this does not happen, it stays green.

ok, the ICL is not blown or there would be no lights.

what does the battery voltage read? what is the charger voltage?

yep just saw your pictures on the other thread of the inside. the ICL is not blown for sure, i have the identical charger, almost from Vpower. it has the second schottky diode in the output behind that coil.

I don't have a voltage reader yet will try to get one today.
I'm currently using a 3a charger which I suspect will take at least 6-8 hours to charge.

it won't take that much time to charge since it is already charged up. you can buy the cheap voltmeters at harbor freight. they are sometime $2.99 on sale here. buy two if you can get it on sale, usually they are $4.99 i think. we will need that to prove to sun-thing that the charger is not working.

I look in the paper or mailer for free H.F. MM with coupon. You need to check the polaity of the plug before you just plug it in remenber it's china.

Well, strike one, sent you a junky charger. Only a ball if he sends you another junky charger, and it works.

Three strikes yer out sunthing, if you are reading this.

If he bitches about sending a new charger, strike two.

Thats not a good sign that they sent you a bad charger. Are they going to replace it?

If not, you might want to order a new one from all-battery.com

lester12483 said:
Thats not a good sign that they sent you a bad charger. Are they going to replace it?

If not, you might want to order a new one from all-battery.com
This thread is double posting about repairing or replacing a charger. Either lock this thread, or post about the battery. The OP already started a charger defect, repair, replacement topic... ;) click link below...

Best Charger or Replace Repair

until you get a voltmeter and can measure voltage then you don't know if the charger is bad or not. all you know is that the charging light does not come on when you plug it in to the pack. is that correct?

your 3A charger does charge it using the charging leads on the pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back