sur ron diy battery

erick.go

10 µW
hi !
i have a sur ron street legal version with X controller and i m really happy with it, BUT the battery is not what i expected.

so I decide to create my own batt: 16S18P with VTC6 sony cells.

i try to connect only the power supply connector to the bike not the "black" one with small wires:

the bike switch on and i can use it but only in eco mode because i didn't connect the multi wire connector on the main batt so the system "think" i lost data from the battery. like i'm in safe batt mode, normal because the controller or the display to the controller don't receive info of voltage or % from batt.

my question is : how can i ride with full power? only by connecting the power supply connector.

i don't care about voltage or % info on the display, i will use BMS with bleutooth info on my phone.

i don't want to change the controller for now with ASI or Nucular one, the stock X is enough for me.

i don't find the wiring diagram of this connector (going to the display or the controller... CAN BUS....)

so help me if you have any experience with it or if someone try to do the same thing.

thanks

Maybe it monitors battery temperature and it thinks the battery is overheated when the connector is unplugged. I'm sure someone has disassembled the wiring and know what those circuits are monitoring. Does your display show any error codes?

What BMS did you use?

yes maybe,

no error code only "!" warning light flash and light "batt" is on .

for the future BMS if i receive it ... is from china :
https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/product/20s-lithium-smart-bluetooth-battery-bms-with-50a-constant-current/

and i will bypass it for discharge

I tried disconnecting the plug on mine and it gives a communication error code on the display along with the battery warning light and 0 volts on the display.

There was no voltage coming from inside the battery but there is voltage running into that plug from the bike (pack voltage)

The controller is limiting battery out put because it either thinks the battery is too hot, too cold or undercharged. (or both?)

The plug in question isn't shown on the wiring diagrams I have seen so far.

thanks for the answer,

so maybe when my battery will be done i can expect it work for full power because the batt will be not limited.

i keep you in touch

Back