Swapping Bafang M400 with more powerful model?

kurtster

10 mW
I'm eyeing a used e-bike that comes with a Bafang M400 motor (250W). Does anyone know if more powerful Banfang mid-drives such as the M600 or M610 have similar dimensions that would allow them to be installed in the same space?

Cheers, Kurt

s-l800-1.jpg

It should have. You can find the technical data of the most powerful motors Googleing the correct key words.

Keep in mind that if your battery can't provide the power required by the motor, you won't see any gains in power.

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

kurtster said:
I'm eyeing a used e-bike that comes with a Bafang M400 motor (250W). Does anyone know if more powerful Banfang mid-drives such as the M600 or M610 have similar dimensions that would allow them to be installed in the same space?

Cheers, Kurt

s-l800-1.jpg

Search on "drive hanger/mounting plate" for each motor and you'll see pretty quickly which ones can't be directly swapped, but if you're into fabrication/welding, anything is possible.

[/quote]
Search on "drive hanger/mounting plate" for each motor and you'll see pretty quickly which ones can't be directly swapped, but if you're into fabrication/welding, anything is possible.
[/quote]

Thanks. After poking around it seems like the bigger motor won't fit in the hanger. I'll look into local fabrication options.

Back