TEE_COZY'S Brushless Longboard

UPDATE ....

got a new soldering iron today, a nice 80w chisel tip this should let me solder the battery tabs really quick without putting much heat into the cells. The best thing was i fount a seller that was selling them for £21 with free postage on ebay :)
IMG_20141105_170148_zpsllw5blsm.jpg

Another great thing that happened today.... Richard from alien drive systems sorted me out with another motor plate to fit my motor mounting holes. I cannot say enough nice things about alien drive systems, many small companies could do with taking a leaf from their book when it comes to customer service.

TEE_COZY said:
UPDATE ....

got a new soldering iron today, a nice 80w chisel tip this should let me solder the battery tabs really quick without putting much heat into the cells. The best thing was i fount a seller that was selling them for £21 with free postage on ebay :)
IMG_20141105_170148_zpsllw5blsm.jpg

I love any excuse to buy a new tool.... :lol: what battery chemistry are you using?

Waiting on a pot of flux now, then i can assemble the packs. I have not yet decided whether to assemble the packs in 6s2p config or 6s1p......I think i would prefer 6s1p and then make up some y harness's for the load/charge ports. This will swing on the heat shrink, if it will contract small enough to go round 1 set of cells i will go that route....if not i will just bung them in parallel.

nice.. in my experience the slimmer/longer the better .
I got your 36t bracket back yesterday- so ill send you the replacement and belt today..1st class..so you may get tomorrow..

beetbocks said:
nice.. in my experience the slimmer/longer the better .
I got your 36t bracket back yesterday- so ill send you the replacement and belt today..1st class..so you may get tomorrow..

Cheers mate u are the real thing :D , I think you are right about slimmer/longer...if i build 4 6s1p packs then it will be easier to replace dead cells.

torqueboards said:
psychotiller said:
All of my 63mm motors have 44mm bolt spacing.

Psychotiller, does that include the 63mm SK3? Mine have 31mm bolt spacing.

Yes. I had a 6354 SK3 and it was spaced 44mm.

torqueboards said:
Lol.. odd. Guess, I have to buy a few to double check. Perhaps they changed.

it makes more sense i quess having the holes spaced further apart for a bigger motor

Evening all,

Time for the next bit :)

Got the bigger motor bracket now along with some solder paste and some more solder.
IMG_20141112_173228_zpsmw0ihamh.jpg

IMG_20141112_173829_zpsxzosmczr.jpg

Dont forget loctight !
IMG_20141112_175905_zpsubtsswk3.jpg

IMG_20141112_180352_zpsgwiwqapb.jpg

IMG_20141112_180456_zpswnsifrte.jpg

Richard - the belt fit with plenty of slack :)
IMG_20141112_180534_zpszzwsxa5i.jpg

The kit went together for a test fit really easy and is really well made, now i am getting very impatient to test this thing...but i will have to restrain myself until it is perfect.

IMG_20141112_181207_zpspadf7moa.jpg

Next step is to assemble some batteries and cut a keyway in the motor shaft .....

That's too slack on belt... can it be adjusted ? If not use the 265mm maybe .. it needs to be a medium tension... too much and it will kill your range and motor and too loose and it will slip..
it looks like u have adjustment on bracket..
Looking good though. ..

torqueboards said:
Not to hi-jack. I just bought a 6374 SK3 a few days ago and just received it. Came out to be 31mm bolt spacing.

sqrt(15.5 ^2 * 2) * 2 ~= 44mm; seems to be just a matter of how you measure the bolt spacing; diagonally vs perpendicularly.

torqueboards said:
oh duh! got it :)

So do you think everyone else has been measuring the bolt spacing that way, i hear 31mm stated when ever someone talks about a sk3.

Made 1 out of the 4 6s packs last night, just need to find some better heat shrink.

TEE_COZY said:
torqueboards said:
oh duh! got it :)

So do you think everyone else has been measuring the bolt spacing that way, i hear 31mm stated when ever someone talks about a sk3.

Made 1 out of the 4 6s packs last night, just need to find some better heat shrink.

That's what I thought. I guess, we should all be more precise and state the diagonal motor mount spacing next time. :mrgreen:

beetbocks said:
That's too slack on belt... can it be adjusted ? If not use the 265mm maybe .. it needs to be a medium tension... too much and it will kill your range and motor and too loose and it will slip..
it looks like u have adjustment on bracket..
Looking good though. ..

Yeah that was just to show you how much margin i had, on the center distance calculator with a 12/36t and a 270mm belt setup was 72.484mm and the min center distance on the mount was 72mm. That is the mount on its min setting, that was just a test fit.

Back