Temperature sensor in hub motor Baserunner setup

nickceouk

10 W
Rear hub motor connected to BR v5 z9 , throttle and ebrake work as expected.

The z9 connector from the motor has an additional white wire ( 5 hall related wires, 3 phases wires).
The wire sits at constant 0.85v in the temperature tab of the Phaserunner software.
This is then interpreted as the motor being at 88C 🥴 ... The motor sits idle at room temperature so it can't be 88C.

How do I get this sorted?

Isn't there a voltage > temp mapping in the software?
According to the default mapping 0.85v reading means the motor is at 88C when it's been sitting idle 😏

To be fair, I am not convinced that my motor even has a temperature sensor hooked to the white wire from the z910 motor cable that it passes to the controller.
It might just be a speed sensor but I can't confirm even that by searching online and hence this post really...

According to the default mapping 0.85v reading means the motor is at 88C when it's been sitting idle 😏

To be fair, I am not convinced that my motor even has a temperature sensor hooked to the white wire from the z910 motor cable that it passes to the controller.
It might just be a speed sensor but I can't confirm even that by searching online and hence this post really...
If you run the motor the temp will rise’ if it’s a temp sensor and the voltage/temp will change, even if it’s not calibrated. If it’s a geared hub, then it’s probably a speed sensor, although the Grin stuff can work with a multiplexed (combined) temp and speed signal.

If you run the motor the temp will rise’ if it’s a temp sensor and the voltage/temp will change, even if it’s not calibrated. If it’s a geared hub, then it’s probably a speed sensor, although the Grin stuff can work with a multiplexed (combined) temp and speed signal.
After reading and comparing, I realized it's a geared motor and hence concluded that I don't have a temperature sensor but a speed sensor.
I know it's possible to open the motor and add a temperature sensor on the same speed wire that will then be demuxed by a grin controller into separate speed and temperature signals.
I have opened before a direct drive motor and a geared hub motor but I am not prepared and don't want to deal with this ...more so because I am setting this as headless and won't be able to track temperature changes as I envisioned.

I think this post is done. Thank you for your help and input👍

Back