Throttle control Lishui controller

karstensson

10 mW
Hello,

I bought a wheel motor together with a motor controller for a DIY project. The controller is of model Lishui LSW1108-8-1f/LSW6G-90B-F0C.

I do not intend to install a display or a PAS. The intention is to use this ebike with a throttle. Does anyone know if this is possible to achieve with this controller? Or do I need to buy a new one?

Did the system come as a PAS-only kit? If so, it may not have any throttle input.

If it has a connector for a throttle, it probably accepts one, but it may only operate if you use the display and switch to the assist level that allows it (some do on all levels, some on only specific ones). If there is no throttle connector, the OEM firmware may not even try to read one even if you wire one onto the PCB's pads for it.

Most controllers with displays can be used without it, by jumpering the KSI (keyswitch / ignition) wire to the battery positive wire (both are in the display connector of the controller), but they will usually default to the lowest assist mode, which may or may not allow the throttle.

If your controller is compatible, you may be able to flash it to one of the LS Open Source FirmWares by Casainho, Stancecoke, et. al. found elsewhere on the forum. The thread says how to judge compatibility.

Thanks, I'll check if I can flash the open source firmware. Don't think this controller has a throttle control. But just curious if someone has modified the pcb to allow that.

fr1Zoqm.jpg

karstensson said:
Hello,

I bought a wheel motor together with a motor controller for a DIY project. The controller is of model Lishui LSW1108-8-1f/LSW6G-90B-F0C.

I do not intend to install a display or a PAS. The intention is to use this ebike with a throttle. Does anyone know if this is possible to achieve with this controller? Or do I need to buy a new one?

Your controller is an "F" type which means it should support the open source ebics firmware: https://github.com/EBiCS/EBiCS_Firmware/wiki
This would allow you to use a throttle or a torque sensor or whatever setup you want...

karstensson said:
I do not intend to install a display or a PAS. The intention is to use this ebike with a throttle. Does anyone know if this is possible to achieve with this controller?

Should be no problem, even with the original firmware. To switch on the system without a display, you just have to shorten the red wire to the blue wire on the display connector.
You must solder the signal wire of the throttle to the solder eye on the PCB, that is labeled with 'SP'.

Perhaps one of the orange Higo connectors is for the throttle already, just check, if one of the wires is connected to 'SP' on the PCB.

regards
stancecoke

Thank you very much for the response, one of the Higo connectors was indeed connected to the SP port. I will try it stock firmware first, but I ordered a ST-link just in case :)

karstensson said:
Thanks, I'll check if I can flash the open source firmware. Don't think this controller has a throttle control. But just curious if someone has modified the pcb to allow that.

fr1Zoqm.jpg

Yellow 3 PIN female is the throttle input.
This should be the display connector PIN order (battery + connect to power lock for turning controller ON).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210103-142617__01__02__01__01__01__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210103-142617__01__02__01__01__01__01.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 733
stancecoke said:
karstensson said:
I do not intend to install a display or a PAS. The intention is to use this ebike with a throttle. Does anyone know if this is possible to achieve with this controller?

Should be no problem, even with the original firmware. To switch on the system without a display, you just have to shorten the red wire to the blue wire on the display connector.
You must solder the signal wire of the throttle to the solder eye on the PCB, that is labeled with 'SP'.

Perhaps one of the orange Higo connectors is for the throttle already, just check, if one of the wires is connected to 'SP' on the PCB.

regards
stancecoke

Thanks for the help. This worked, however only at walking speed. So good that I bought the ST-link after-all :)

TuomasK said:
karstensson said:

fr1Zoqm.jpg

Yellow 3 PIN female is the throttle input.
This should be the display connector PIN order (battery + connect to power lock for turning controller ON).

Thanks you for the help!

Back