Throttle issue

wiganguy

1 µW
I have recently broke my break handles and in order to replace them i had to remove the thumb throttle which ended up getting broken when removing. Ive tried 2 new twist throttles with the same yellow 3 pin connector and neither work. Any ideas what the issue could be.

Touch the red (+v) wire to the signal (non black wire, but the signal wire can be various different colors) green, blue or other color) wire to see if it goes wide open throttle with bike upside down and wheels off the ground.

You can also test your throttle to see if its operating correctly.

There's a few posts out there like these
that show the wires are probably swapped around. For instance, if your original was Higo but the new was Julet, they physically plug together but might be wired differently--same for throttles meant for specific brand systems, etc.

Most likely you can make your new ones work by opening the throttle and tracing where it's wires go vs where your original ones go.

Alternately you can cut the cable between throttle and connector and try different sequences, but this may damage the throttle or the controller or both if you get the wiring wrong and the throttle sensor takes too much current thru say, reversed 5v/ground.

Last edited:
Back