Tongsheng TZDZ2 stops working

occe

1 µW
Hi,

I have an Tongsheng TZDZ2 that have started to behave strange.

After pedaling for some time, it sounds as something physical breaks, like any gears etc.
And after that the no power when pedaling.

But If i disconnect the battery, and wait for while, it starts working again until it happens again...

Have anyone had any similar issues and know what could be reason?
(I highly doubt that it can self repair any physical components :))

If it's making a nasty noise then really the only way to see what's going on is to open it up... parts for the tsdz2 are readily available and depending on shipping, pretty cheap. in the UK I can get a complete new tsdz2 for about £210 inc shipping - or you can buy the motor/gear assemblies separately. If you can afford it it's worth having a complete spare motor for when problems arise - and depending on how you use the tsdz2 that can be quite often - or rarely...

It might be that you have two issues - for instance a battery that can't give out much current and a physical problem that's causing the motor to draw a high current. So maybe something gets caught in gears inside, that causes a spike in current which then either causes the BMS to trip - or causes enough voltage sag to make the controller hit low voltage cutoff and switch off... but that's all speculation - sounds like you need to get inside to take a look!

Last edited:
Hope you find the problem, tbh the symptoms you describe (without the noise) would often just be battery related so make sure the noise is definitely coming from the tsdz2 before you open it up. I was convinced my motor was making a loud shrieking squeak before but it was actually a rogue bearing in my back wheel's freehub...

Back