Topic number 40,000

Check out my forum.
http://voltev.com/forum/
Made it when this forum was having takeover issues. Just a forum where I could go and talk to myself. Something went horribly wrong with my forum. I ignored my forum until I was notified by the server company. They told me that spammers had gotten into the server. Don't know if the spammers were humans or computers? Suspect it was bad humans with computers.

Got over 200,000 topics. My forum is now a image of how it looked on the day I shut it down. Print Screen button.

Does spamming even work? I am on Instagram and constantly get "followers" and "likes" from people saying, "get 100 free followers" and junk like that. None of it is inappropriate, just stupid. Do people actually think, "Sweet, I can get more followers. I'll click on that ad."

They just keep putting forth the spam.

And then there's match.com, which constantly asks me if I'm looking for single ladies. But I'm married and struggle to afford the family I have now. :shock:

MikeFairbanks said:
Does spamming even work? I am on Instagram...

Works if the world is able to have a thing like Instagram as a part of it.

That actually happened to me too. Let a fresh copy of PhpBB3 sit on the net for 4 months, and it got deluged with spam into the 3rd month.

The Chinese spam bots are quite frankly, amazing.. too bad i did not observe their behavior in the wild, i coulda learned something about their botnet :(

marty said:
Check out my forum.
http://voltev.com/forum/
Made it when this forum was having takeover issues. Just a forum where I could go and talk to myself. Something went horribly wrong with my forum. I ignored my forum until I was notified by the server company. They told me that spammers had gotten into the server. Don't know if the spammers were humans or computers? Suspect it was bad humans with computers.

Got over 200,000 topics. My forum is now a image of how it looked on the day I shut it down. Print Screen button.

Back