Torque Arm Doesn't Fit on Front Wheel

BatteryMan

10 mW
Just like the title says, the torque arm doesn't fit on the front wheel of my ebike because the disc brake caliper is in the way. I have a torque arm on the other side of the bike but want to install one on the disc side as well. The torque arm that's opposite of the disc brake side is behind the fork, should I just mount the torque arm on the disc side facing away from the fork?

Are there any adapters that I can buy? I tried researching this but can't find any info. The two torque arms that I have are v3 Torque Arm from Grin Tech.

Last edited:
V7 torque arm is designed to wrap around disc brake mounting points, give it a look.

They say to torque the axle nuts to 60nm, yes.

Post up some photos so the visual creative types here can propose some solutions. ;)

Oh, I was thinking of the 12x10mm hollow axle with a cable in it being torqued to 44 ft-lbs. The part of the video I watched was for the solid axle, Now I'm less surprised.

I hate that feeling when the wrench suddenly starts turning easier. .

Is the original question about flipping the torque arm so it attaches to the fork on the front? I would do it that way if required.

I'm including photos from both the left and right fork torque arms.

As you can see, the brake disc caliper makes it impossible to mount the torque arm in the same position as on the right side.

I'm not sure if I mounted the torqure arm correctly, even though I had to figure out the best possible way. 1) It's mounted to one of the brake caliper bolts and 2) The metal clamp is very close to the disc brake (on the inside), so if it does brake it might go straight into the disck brake and lock up the front wheel.

What do you guys recommend as far as installing a torque arm on the disc brake side? Should I just mount it on the other side so it's facing the opposite way?

The way I have it mounted now is I used two torque arms and combined them into one.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-29 065852.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-29 065852.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DTM_7162.JPG
    DTM_7162.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
  • DTM_7163.JPG
    DTM_7163.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
  • DTM_7164.JPG
    DTM_7164.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
  • DTM_7165.JPG
    DTM_7165.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
  • DTM_7166.JPG
    DTM_7166.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 8
Guessing that you don't have a lot of experience working on or fabricating mechanical equipment? Not criticizing, it's just that your photos show some parts choice, orientations, and attachment methods that don't make sense for best mechanical effectiveness.

Hopefully we can help you put together an elegant solution.

Concentrating on the LH (disc) side:
  1. Your idea of using the brake caliper mounting screw to affix the TA to the fork blade is a good one. That is better than the hoseclamp method as long as the screw is long enough to thread fully into the caliper mount adapter. You don't need the hoseclamp at all then. :bigthumb:
  2. You are apparently using two of the crescent-shaped slotted extender arms where one would be better. It looks like it won't reach the top caliper screw, so attach it to the bottom screw instead.

Back