torque arm picture thread

Some dropouts are more accommodating than others. Here's last night's installment. Easy! (After filling out the torque arm for a 16mm axle, anyway.)

IMG_20240216_210153.jpg

The bike probably don’t need any but put one on each side nonetheless. It’s nice when taking the wheel off/on it goes back to the same spot. I was fortunate that there was already a M6 tapped hole for the bolt. I will be using a pet trailer now and again and the torque arm will keep the axle from ever moving. IMG_5334.jpeg

Work in progress, motorcycle isn't yet finished, but here's what I have so far for a torque arm, for a QS273.
IMG_20240308_173500.jpgIMG_20240308_173515.jpg

Stress lines for clamping force, yes or no? I think yes, based on what I've seen in the thread.
IMG_20240308_173949.jpg

Stress lines for clamping force, yes or no? I think yes, based on what I've seen in the thread.
View attachment 348749
I think you are referring to the relief slot you cut there at the closed end of the pinch clamp TA. Slot could be a little wider (try about twice as wide as what you already cut), and drill a small stress relief hole at the its closed end (as you have seen in the other's photos).

Looks Good! :bigthumb:

Chalo, which bike's drop out is that? man that dropout has acres of space!
Electra Townie, maybe? (there's a bunch of versions...)

Chalo, which bike's drop out is that? man that dropout has acres of space!
It's an Electra Cruiser 7. Huge and reasonably thick dropouts with lots of room to add features.

I think you are referring to the relief slot you cut there at the closed end of the pinch clamp TA. Slot could be a little wider (try about twice as wide as what you already cut), and drill a small stress relief hole at the its closed end (as you have seen in the other's photos).

Thanks, that is what I'm referring to. I'll get on it

Better?
IMG_20240311_133027.jpg

Back