Torque Sensor with Cadence Controller

Daytriker

10 W
I know some Controllers have Cadence & Torque Sensor capability built in. Usually these are for Hub Motors but if using a Torque Sensor Bottom Bracket with a Motor & Controller set for a Cadence Sensor, will the Controller accept the variable voltages from the Torque Sensor Signal & govern the motor accordingly? I am wondering if it is possible to bypass the built in Cadence Signal on a Bafang BBS02 by adding a torque sensor bottom bracket? Thank you.

I know some Controllers have Cadence & Torque Sensor capability built in. Usually these are for Hub Motors but if using a Torque Sensor Bottom Bracket with a Motor & Controller set for a Cadence Sensor, will the Controller accept the variable voltages from the Torque Sensor Signal & govern the motor accordingly?

If the controller is only designed to work with a cadence sensor, it doesn't have the input necessary to process a torque sensor input.

If the controller can accept a throttle input, and can operate without any PAS input (some won't), then you can use the Cycle Analyst v3.x to translate a torque sensor into a throttle to operate the controller. See the ebikes.ca CA info page for how and what it can do in that regard (it also does a number of other useful functions).

I am wondering if it is possible to bypass the built in Cadence Signal on a Bafang BBS02 by adding a torque sensor bottom bracket? Thank you.
Where would you put the TS BB unit? The BBS02 occupies the BB itself normally.

Back