Torque

frankie

1 mW
More Torque, More Trouble if you are not careful.
I found a valuable lesson. After adding my second 24 volt battery pack. 24 volts 18 amp. hour, more torque.
Two days ago, I made u-turn on the street from a stopped position. In the middle of the turn, I went full
throttle and the rear tire found loose gravel. No photo, but both hands and left arm are in bandages.
frankie (aka...dumb dumb).
Still look for more top end speed on level surface.

frankie said:
More Torque, More Trouble if you are not careful.
I found a valuable lesson. After adding my second 24 volt battery pack. 24 volts 18 amp. hour, more torque.
Two days ago, I made u-turn on the street from a stopped position. In the middle of the turn, I went full
throttle and the rear tire found loose gravel. No photo, but both hands and left arm are in bandages.
frankie (aka...dumb dumb).
Still look for more top end speed on level surface.

Hi Frankie!

That's not so good.....
I had found my BLDC hubmotor solution:
[youtube]U3SAFnheRJo[/youtube]

Never could controll my right hand either. I had to give up motorcycles for about 20 years while my right hand got some maturity and common sense.

dogman said:
Never could controll my right hand either. I had to give up motorcycles for about 20 years while my right hand got some maturity and common sense.
That cracked me up. So when did it finally get around to moving out of it's parents basement? :lol:

When it's raining (So pretty much all the time at this moment) my wheel will spin out fairly often when I hit the throttle too hard on a turn or at a light. Lucky for me I haven't bailed yet. Just squirreled about for a bit before grabbing. Still scary as heck though! I'm learning pretty quickly what the limits are.

Also watch out for the white "paint" they use for crosswalks and other pavement marking, especially when it is rainy/wet. That stuff is bad for starting, stopping and turning - jd

The Mighty Volt said:
I love me a bit of torque.

Horsepower sells batteries.

Torque wins races.

Fact.

I also like horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.

Torque is how far you moved the wall.
:mrgreen:

My right hand used to go looking for crosswalk stripes in the rain on the KZ 750. Bad hand! But it was a skill every rider should learn sometime, so you can just skid it out next time instead of biffing it.

The hand never did really move out from mom's house, it just found a good sugar momma. I spent the 20 years not riding motorcycles hucking cliffs on skis. Nice soft snow to crash on, but mind those trees.

Back