• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Trash picked Elequick

Found this in my alley. No battery or key. No markings I can find for voltage. Figured I could power it up and see if it at least works. Anyone know of these:
20131204_145348.jpg

Two wires or three exiting the motor? I think I can see a motor on the far side of the rear wheel. That'll tell you if it's brushed or not.

If it is, which is my guess based on the age, a new controller from the likes of tncscooters or fleabay and a throttle will get it rolling.
Might become a museum piece one day :p

Can't imagine a more useless picture to garner any motor/controller details - but I do recall seeing those early-mid 2000's?

Check for the number of motor power wires/conductors. Can always upgrade motor/controller but the original stuff can probably be made to work with a little work.

Although nothing particularly great about that frame it would be an okay wife/kid ebike, IMO....

WTF was I thinking?

I know better than 2 post 1 lousy pic! I got excited took the pic stashed the bike. Haven't messed with it at all yet. Looks like a direct drive to rear wheel. The motor itself looks like something that would drive a bus windshield wiper! Guess I'll hotwire the keyswitch and start off with 12v and jump up from there unitl she comes to life.

The battery plug is 3 wire, looks like generic power cord to your desktop,tv, or monitor. Pretty stout feeling bike in decent shape. Looks like the battery went under the family jewels secured with a bike quick clamp.

I'll take more pics and post tomorrow.

Looks worth 0 dollars to me, but that doesn't make it unusable. Do look close at that rusty spot on the fork crown.

Nice battery tray on it. I'd be thinking lets weld on it. New fork, then lengthen the thing to make a cool cargo bike. Toss the motor, or ebay it to some dead broke student.

Took a closer look. It's 24v. Going to put 24v to it and see if she goes. Any idea if I can bump it up to 36v without destroying anything? Knowing this area I am sure someone used it for a summer, let the lead sit all winter and in the spring the battery was DOA and has been sitting in some garage for years. We had the big flood here last Oct yet I don't see it on the bike. The motor def has brushes. Pics:
2013-12-06+09.02.50.jpg

2013-12-06+09.03.06.jpg

2013-12-06+09.03.19.jpg

2013-12-06+09.03.30.jpg

2013-12-06+09.03.49.jpg

Most instances 36-40V will be okay on the old 24V stuff.

But that's sure a weird motor/drive. Can you get a pic of how it connects to the wheel? Gear, chain? Probably best to ditch the drivetrain but if it works asis for a while, have fun and worry about performance upgrade later!

Definitely worth picking up for a free/cheap project.

Back